Trubisky vs Watson, long term

Activated10

Trubisky vs Watson  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Trubisky or Watson, which QB you take for next decade

• Mitchell Trubisky
    • Deshaun Watson

8 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Give Watson a real OL, and Fuller & Coutee back next year (at least halfway in year, so that kinda fulfills what Fuller typically does), and let Trubisky learn Nagy's system fully this year, and have Miller & ARob & Burton & Cohen all familiar with Nagy's system (and Miller acclimated to NFL year 2 bump), and then we can have a legit answer next year. It's a boring answer, but in reality, that's the problem. 

Watson's clearly the better guy IRL right now, Tru's been putting up great #'s despite the fact he's been leaving yards & TD's on the field most games (DET was the first I can recall he wasn't flat out awful...which then brings into Q whether it was Tru or the DET DST - because man, as a Miller dynasty owner, I can tell you he's been leaving yards & TD's on the field).  With HOU owning all its picks and a loaded T class, I think we see a much improved HOU OL next year, and the bump in Nagy's year 2 system.  Then we can have a much cleaner analysis.

Huh? Obviously the bucs game was ridiculous, 5 TDs 8n the first half, certainly not awful there.  He was GREAT in Miami.  Lead 2 what should have been game winning drives.  Definitely not awful there.  He definitely wasnt Awful against the Jets.  And IK people will look at the stats in Buffalo and say he wasnt good, but watch the game, dont read the stats.  He was actually pretty damn good there.  So I have to ask what is your definition of awful? Do you have to play perfect to not be awful? Bc that's completely unreasonable standard to hold any qb to.  And no qb lives up to it.  

4 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Huh? Obviously the bucs game was ridiculous, 5 TDs 8n the first half, certainly not awful there.  He was GREAT in Miami.  Lead 2 what should have been game winning drives.  Definitely not awful there.  He definitely wasnt Awful against the Jets.  And IK people will look at the stats in Buffalo and say he wasnt good, but watch the game, dont read the stats.  He was actually pretty damn good there.  So I have to ask what is your definition of awful? Do you have to play perfect to not be awful? Bc that's completely unreasonable standard to hold any qb to.  And no qb lives up to it.  

15/15 with 15tds should satisfy him.

1 minute ago, Buckweath said:

Trubisky really doesn't look to me like a future great QB.

I think he can be around an average QB in this league, something similar to Alex Smith.

This is where I'm at in terms of his ceiling right now. He can be effective in favorable circumstances where he's not relied on two heavily. What Nagy and the Bears have going for him right now is perfect.

I only watched the first half last night and thought he played well, even with the INT - which was a great throw but a terrible decision). 

This thread has reached the polar ends of both arguments. In no way is there any sort of argument to take Trubisky over Mahomes going forward, but to also say that Trubiskys ceiling is an average QB is equally insane. The guy has been playing well and makes some absolutely dynamite throws. I think his ceiling is that of a Big Ben type of QB. Always around that top 7ish level, but doesn't ever reach the elite level of Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers etc.

31 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:
31 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

This thread has reached the polar ends of both arguments. In no way is there any sort of argument to take Trubisky over Mahomes going forward, but to also say that Trubiskys ceiling is an average QB is equally insane. The guy has been playing well and makes some absolutely dynamite throws. I think his ceiling is that of a Big Ben type of QB. Always around that top 7ish level, but doesn't ever reach the elite level of Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers etc.

I really don't see Trubisky having a career even close to Big Ben's.

I'm sorry. I see big potential in guys like Mahomes, Wentz, Goff and Watson and probably in that order I would say but I see Trubisky as being a rather big step below, which is not to say that he can't be a good starting QB in this league.

It seems like being compared to Alex Smith is being perceived sometimes as criticism but I personnally rate Alex Smith and believe you can win even in the playoffs with such a QB.

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:26 PM, BAConrad said:

Trubisky still hadn't had a truly impressive game IMO.

When he's winning by 22 pts, he has been at his best. Aka when the Bears are beating up on bad teams. 

You know in order to be winning by 22 points, you have to score 22 points, right? I mean, they didn't go up 21-0 on Detroit because the Lions spotted them those points...

Nagy has done a fantastic job scheming that offense around Trubisky. With all the skill position players in that Bears offense, there's been so many wide open throws for Trubisky.

When he's been forced to make tough throws under pressure (which hasn't been often this season, thanks to that insanely easy schedule) he hasn't impressed me.

Watson has done quite the opposite of that. He's performed very well in general IN SPITE of his team and his coach and the fact that he's coming off of a torn ACL (he and Wentz both). 

He had 11 turnovers in 7 games last year.

The Bears have been the perfect storm for Trubisky. In a vacuum, he isn't a very good QB. In Chicago, with those players, with Nagy as his HC, and that defense, and one of the easiest schedules I've ever seen, sure Trubisky is able to trick people into thinking he's good. Good for him on that. Can't knock him there. 

You know Philadelphia and NE each had top 5 easiest schedules in football last year, right? And you know Brady has been playing the Jets, Bills and Dolphins 6 times every year for the last decade yet no one questions his ability, right?

But I've seen enough of him to say confidently that if Trubisky were asked to carry a team like Watson has or Wentz, LOL. He'd be GIF worthy level of bad.

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

This is where I'm at in terms of his ceiling right now. He can be effective in favorable circumstances where he's not relied on two heavily. What Nagy and the Bears have going for him right now is perfect.

I only watched the first half last night and thought he played well, even with the INT - which was a great throw but a terrible decision). 

How has he not been heavily relied on? Jordan Howard is slow and bad and besides Trubisky, their run game as a whole has been horrendous.

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:16 PM, BAConrad said:

What? 

Trubisky has had to CARRY the offense? 

Yeah....Cause Tarik Cohen Jordan Howard Anthony Miller Trey Burton Allen Robinson and Taylor Gabriel have all been so bad and have just been bailed out so many times by Trubisky right? 

Dude. I know now. YOU are Mitchell Trubisky's mom aren't you??? So why did you make him change it from Mitch to Mitchell? Just curious

Now I know you haven't watched the Bears at all this year and thus can't make an opinion on Trubisky because Jordan Howard has, in fact, been "so bad."

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:50 AM, El ramster said:

It's pretty insane to me how these Bear fans come to Mitches aid.

Just let his play do the talking.. Shhhh.. He's not that good. But he's your not that good

of a QB. 

Explain why his QB Rating, TD's, INT's, yards and YPA through his first 20 games are better than Brees' were.

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 3:24 PM, eagles18 said:

Who cares whos the best. There are a ton of excellent young qbs in the NFL right now. I'm fully confident Wentz will continue to win us big games the rest of his career, that is not saying he is the best. Watson is fun to watch and is excellent for Houston, the same goes for Goff, Baker, and Trubisky. Not Dak.. Never go Dak

Finally someone said it. The league is better with a ton of good young QB's.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:31 PM, Buckweath said:

Trubisky is ranked #32 QB in the league by PFF. Like literally worst starting QB in the league. I know PFF is not the end be all but still. And myself I haven't been impressed by Trubisky at all this season. He might become something of an Alex Smith but not that much better if even better.

I was taking this thread serious until PFF was brought up. If you try to cite PFF as credible in any football argument, you'll lose me, and hopefully soon the rest of the fan bases realize this. For instance:

They had Adrian Amos as the top SS in football last year. As a Bears fan, I can tell you that he wasn't even close.

They don't have Roquan Smith as one of the best defensive rookies in football this year. As a Bears fan, I can tell you that he is.

Through 5 weeks this year, they didn't have Khalil Mack as one of the best defensive players in football. As someone with a functioning brain, I can tell you that he was.

So please, take your PFF argument and stick it.

Archived