Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

3 minutes ago, paraven said:

add crabtree to the list of WR's id like to see on the ravens next year. reports are raiders will cut him this offseason

according to that Oakland guy who loves Carr and hates Flacco, Crabtree had a stinker of a season and is the reason Carr looks bad.

11 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I would prefer Torrey to Mike Wallace. He’s defensive pass interference king. And he should cost less than Wallace. He also would be the most likely to give a hometown discount.

In terms of having both Wallace and Torrey, i hate the idea. Would rather use the Wallace money and go after Jordan Matthews. Then go after another receiver in the draft as well.

Mike Wallace is way WAY better than Torrey.

• Like 1

Crabtree is horrid, Smith is done, and I don't want Wallace on the team. For once, beyond maybe snatching up some of the draft's defensive talent in round 1 or 2 per Baltimore custom, I think we'll finally see talent on the board at WR that makes us pull the trigger multiple times early. 

6 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Mike Wallace is way WAY better than Torrey.

I have to disagree with you, Torrey actually made some great contested catches for us and attacks the ball(at least in his first few years), Wallace doesn't he needs the ball thrown right at his hands. At this point they're probably around the same

2 hours ago, RavensDefense3 said:

I have to disagree with you, Torrey actually made some great contested catches for us and attacks the ball(at least in his first few years), Wallace doesn't he needs the ball thrown right at his hands. At this point they're probably around the same

At this point I'd rather just stick with Wallace tbh as the veteran presence and then continue to get younger at WR. I'm so done with FA signings to try to sure up the WR core.

4 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

At this point I'd rather just stick with Wallace tbh as the veteran presence and then continue to get younger at WR. I'm so done with FA signings to try to sure up the WR core.

Well Mike Wallace is a free agent. So we’re either going to have to bring him back or go in another direction entirely. We also will need FA to complete the WR situation. There isn’t enough draft picks to do it all. Since we’re losing Watson, Wallace, and Campanaro to UFA. And will likely be cutting Jeremy Maclin as well before his contract balloons. 

So we’re going to see a FA wide receiver, probably two. I’d much rather the team resign Watson vs Wallace tbqh. 

I’ve started the Jordan Matthews train for WR. I think with his hands and athleticism being solid, he’s exactly the type of receiver we could use. He’s a better hands version of Brandon LaFell. 

So I agree the receiver position needs to be addressed in the draft, but we’ve got to fill out the rest of the squad before we get there.

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

Happy New Year!

The last year ended with a stinker, but new beginnings indeed with Pees leaving. Pagano out there and Teryl Austin maybe too with Caldwell's firing.

Is Lesley Frazier still with us? They might just decide to promote him instead of those two guys who have a proven record with us.

Unless Steve explicitly says, "playoffs in 2018 or you're gone" Harbs will just promote another buddy to DC. We all know it. He likes his coaching team to be made up of trusted friends, guys who won't rock the boat or challenge him. That's the only explanation for why he's kept mediocre coaches with the team for so long.

Pagano or Austin would be great choices, in my view. But I don't really expect them. The reports about it probably being Martindale feel like they're ream coordinated.

6 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

If we had Detroit’s defense this fan base would want to fire the coordinator within a month 

The Lions have nowhere near the talent, nowhere near the money invested in their defense as we have.

If we had given Pees nothing to work with year after year, we probably wouldn't complain as much. In 2014 we weren't so harsh on him, as they had nothing at cornerback. They went into the Patriots in the AFCC game and commentators couldn't say who we had as starters.

But we have basically drafted Stanley and Perriman and given contracts to Pitta on the offense - thats it, thats what we gave Flacco to work with.

8 minutes ago, Danand said:

The Lions have nowhere near the talent, nowhere near the money invested in their defense as we have.

We have money invested. We don’t have talent. Our best player on D would probably be the 6th best players on the Jags, Seahawks, and probably a few other teams. And even really good players like Williams and Mosley are playing in the wrong era

Edited by DontTazeMeBro