Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

1 hour ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Defense is dead. Vikings and Rams are two of the better ones and couldn’t stop each other at all. Saw it last postseason w/Jags, Eagles, and Vikings. Best u can really hope for from a D anymore is to get the big sack or turnover towards the end of the shootout 

Neither of those teams had any pass rush. Last night didn't really have much to do with the rules, guys were just getting beat up and down the field. We didn't see any penalties extending drives, we saw QB's throwing dimes all over the field and defenses blowing coverages.

That could've all been solved with a pass rush which, ironically, the Rams and Vikings are supposed to have 2 of the best of.

37 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Neither of those teams had any pass rush. Last night didn't really have much to do with the rules, guys were just getting beat up and down the field. We didn't see any penalties extending drives, we saw QB's throwing dimes all over the field and defenses blowing coverages.

That could've all been solved with a pass rush which, ironically, the Rams and Vikings are supposed to have 2 of the best of.

True. But in the past, that is when you could intimidate a team mentally to slow them down. A big QB hit on the QB right after he launches the ball, leveling a receiver that goes across the middle so that he understands who the middle of the field TRULY belongs to.

Elite offenses of the past such as GSOT and Manning’s Colts still prevailed against such, but it gave another means of stopping a hot offense. A great offense had to be mentally tough all game long to continue to execute.

I literally had to quit that Rams-Vikings game in the first half because not only was there no semblance of defense, you could see that the defenses were doing no more than just trying to survive vs putting their imprint on the game. There was no attitude, it was pathetic... yet you cannot truly blame the defenses for that either because their hands are forced, which is even more pathetic.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I don’t even think it’s 100% the rules. I think the play calling in the league has gotten too good 

Its that future they kept warning us bout 

Edited by DontTazeMeBro

14 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I mean, I know Harbaugh enough to know he’s not going to tip things either way, but this is exciting nonetheless. I kind of thought he might just return to practice, but miss gameday. If he’s looking recovered than that’s exciting.

What I don’t want them to is to send him back out there until he’s fully 100% given the production we’ve gotten out of the current crop of TEs. I wonder how the coaches structure the snaps, considering that Andrews has been playing too well to suddenly limit his snaps. I’m guessing Boyle will see his snaps reduced.

12 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I mean, I know Harbaugh enough to know he’s not going to tip things either way, but this is exciting nonetheless. I kind of thought he might just return to practice, but miss gameday. If he’s looking recovered than that’s exciting.

What I don’t want them to is to send him back out there until he’s fully 100% given the production we’ve gotten out of the current crop of TEs. I wonder how the coaches structure the snaps, considering that Andrews has been playing too well to suddenly limit his snaps. I’m guessing Boyle will see his snaps reduced.

Hurst yesterday in his presser said he was sore, so my guess is he's not 100% yet.

• Like 1