2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

30 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

They have the cap space to sign him. I can't see it not happening. 

You say that but before 2020 free agency you have the following guys need a pay day too:

Dak Precott, Amari Cooper, Jaylon Smith, Zeke Elliott, La'el Collins, Byron Jones

Prescott is going to be over 20 million (I wouldn't pay it but Jones will)

Cooper, Smith and Zeke are looking at between 12-15 million a year. 

Jones, who knows but the way he's playing now, he's maybe in the same range as Cooper, Smith and Zeke

Collins will get overpaid by the Cowboys too. 

Not likely you can keep all of them so who are you going to let walk?

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

You say that but before 2020 free agency you have the following guys need a pay day too:

Dak Precott, Amari Cooper, Jaylon Smith, Zeke Elliott, La'el Collins, Byron Jones

Jones, who knows but the way he's playing now, he's maybe in the same range as Cooper, Smith and Zeke

In terms of order of importance, it's probably Zeke, Dak, and then everyone else.  I'd probably be willing to let Jaylon Smith and Byron Jones go first.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

In terms of order of importance, it's probably Zeke, Dak, and then everyone else.  I'd probably be willing to let Jaylon Smith and Byron Jones go first.

You know Zeke is going to be looking at Bell's deal this off season as a bench mark. Some idiot will pay Bell near 20 this off season too. I'm not sure what the value is for Prescott because he's not very good. I'm guessing he gets 25 a year though. I wouldn't pay him anywhere near that but I'd guess that is what he'll get. 

38 minutes ago, Golfman said:
1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

They have the cap space to sign him. I can't see it not happening. 

Not the top tier pass rusher. La'el, Jaylon can go. The rest they can easily afford once Frederick is off the books either naturally or cut

28 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Not the top tier pass rusher. La'el, Jaylon can go. The rest they can easily afford once Frederick is off the books either naturally or cut

Yeah, next year Frederick has 16 million in dead money attributed to him and a 5 million cap hit. Said another way, if they release him next year their cap space is now 50 million, not 55. Pretty good shape, but given what they need to get extended, that can go in a hurry. 

59 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Yeah, next year Frederick has 16 million in dead money attributed to him and a 5 million cap hit. Said another way, if they release him next year their cap space is now 50 million, not 55. Pretty good shape, but given what they need to get extended, that can go in a hurry. 

I didn't check their cap summary... didn't realize all 3 lineman were signed through 2022. Yikes

Benjamin cut by the Bills. The guy has put on a few pounds the last few years and maybe getting too heavy to be an effective Wr. If he would entertain moving to TE wouldn't mind Gute taking a look. JG doesn't have the speed or leaping ability anymore. Seems like he barely leaves his feet on higher throws. Sick of these old slow TE's, time to bring in some youth with speed.

Just now, St Vince said:

Benjamin cut by the Bills. The guy has put on a few pounds the last few years and maybe getting too heavy to be an effective Wr. If he would entertain moving to TE wouldn't mind Gute taking a look. JG doesn't have the speed or leaping ability anymore. Seems like he barely leaves his feet on higher throws. Sick of these old slow TE's, time to bring in some youth with speed.

I think Kelvin has a chance to succeed if he goes somewhere and experiences some winning. That guy quit on the Bills, I don't want him

59 minutes ago, St Vince said:

I think that Tonyan has the skillset you want.  Played QB and WR before converting to TE.  He's still raw.  6'4.5''.  240 pounds.  4.58 40.  35 vertical.  10 feet 5 inches broad jump.  Incorporate him into the offense behind Graham and see what they can do together.

Never liked the attitude on Kelvin.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I think that Tonyan has the skillset you want.  Played QB and WR before converting to TE.  He's still raw.  6'4.5''.  240 pounds.  4.58 40.  35 vertical.  10 feet 5 inches broad jump.  Incorporate him into the offense behind Graham and see what they can do together.

Never liked the attitude on Kelvin.  

Yeah that's true, don't know why he doesn't get more opportunities. Aaron needs to get over his receivers have to earn his trust attitude and just throw the young guys the damn ball. 

On Kelvins attitude I think it's more to do with being traded from a winning franchise with an above average QB to a God forsaken organization like Buffalo the worse city and franchise in the league IMO.