2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

8 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I dont think it had anything to do with him disliking the player as a person. Think it was more Jordys age versus Cobbs age and the cap savings were greater releasing Nelson as opposed to Cobb. 

Outside of that? Sounds like he really wanted Aaron to elevate Adams game and Nelsons presence due to Rodgers and his connection hindered that.

Just my opinion but the move made sense when everything is considered.

yea but what fun is it not reading into everything in a negative light?

21 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I don't understand what Gute's problem is with Jordy.  He's 10x the receiver than Cobb has ever been, and by all accounts he's a great guy and teammate, yet he decided to keep Cobb who turned out to once again be just short of useless?  Did Jordy accidentally run over his dog or something?

Rodgers would lock in on Jordy. Jordy is clearly done as a viable WR in this league unless he is bottom roster... which Green Bay traditionally uses for young projects.

They have younger, cheaper options with more upside. No hate... just cold honesty.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I don't understand what Gute's problem is with Jordy.  He's 10x the receiver than Cobb has ever been, and by all accounts he's a great guy and teammate, yet he decided to keep Cobb who turned out to once again be just short of useless?  Did Jordy accidentally run over his dog or something?

Could have had to do with AR wanting to throw it to him too much. Just a thought. I'd agree I would have kept Nelson over Cobb unless they thought Cobb's age was of greater benefit. They played the odds. i'm sure in hindsight they would have liked to have had that one back.

3 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I figured he wanted to stay owise he would’ve signed elsewhere by this point.  Looking fwd to seeing what he can do with a full season and improved talent around him. 

someone noted this is an old post from Sept it's not a re-up for this year yet. Maybe someone just getting the ball rolling.

3 hours ago, Reaper said:

Are there any rumors regarding Zach Brown making visits? I am not sure how we could pull it off but curious about where he may end up.

I think that would be a good signing.  How about a 2yr $14m with $6m guaranteed?  Cap hit would be around $4-5M?

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Particular reason why you posted this?

I would've straight up just deleted it if so many hadn't quoted it already.

It was a god to honest mistake but since it was already quoted I didn't bother deleting the original post. xD

• Like 1