2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Unless Green Bay is willing to give him minimum... he is retiring.

ESPN Madison:

"I don't regret that at all. Davante (Adams) was an emerging player that the offense needed to go through, and you saw what he was able to do last year...."

Packers GM Brian Gutekunst w/ @JasonJWilde reflect on cutting WR Jordy Nelson last season.

(Not happening IMO)

14 minutes ago, Leader said:

ESPN Madison:

"I don't regret that at all. Davante (Adams) was an emerging player that the offense needed to go through, and you saw what he was able to do last year...."

Packers GM Brian Gutekunst w/ @JasonJWilde reflect on cutting WR Jordy Nelson last season.

(Not happening IMO)

Yeah I dont think they offer anything... just saying. It’s the only way Jordy plays. He is likely done.

11 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Oops .. well, that sucks .. think we need another reliable cornerback. 

If we just add a draft pick our entire CB room between King/JA/Jackson/CrazyTony/DP will have 55 games total of NFL experience.

That's a CRAZY low amount.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Key phrase being "2016 Haha" we're not talking about the last few years.

Could say that about a lot of players;  "look out if he is as good as he was 2-3 years ago".  What would change in his soft, take a chance but whiff defense we've seen the past 2 years?  I'll take my chances on Amos heck of a lot more than Ha Ha and never look back.    

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Oops .. well, that sucks .. think we need another reliable cornerback. 

Agreed Ghost. But I sure hope the Packers don’t offer him a pile of money. Carolina had a 3 year for $24 million on the table, until he failed his physical. 

He looks like a solid player and he’s still young (27), so he may be looking for that big payday. After all, he was a starter for the ‘Skins prior to hitting the free agent market.

46 minutes ago, Leader said:

ESPN Madison:

(Not happening IMO)

I don't understand what Gute's problem is with Jordy.  He's 10x the receiver than Cobb has ever been, and by all accounts he's a great guy and teammate, yet he decided to keep Cobb who turned out to once again be just short of useless?  Did Jordy accidentally run over his dog or something?

6 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Also, how is Mason Crosby still on this team at just under 5 mil?  

Bcuz we need a good kicker.  The guy has one awful game and ppl are ready to jettison him. He bounced back nicely after the Detroit game.  As a Bama fan who hasn’t had a good kicker in years, trust me you don’t want to venture into the world of desperately trying to find one. 

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

Bcuz we need a good kicker.  The guy has one awful game and ppl are ready to jettison him. He bounced back nicely after the Detroit game.  As a Bama fan who hasn’t had a good kicker in years, trust me you don’t want to venture into the world of desperately trying to find one. 

But but but we could have had a guy named Blewitt!

• Like 1

Anyone surprised at Cobb not landing on a team yet?  He's still only 28.

I'm even more surprised he isn't among the Patriots wave of FA signings earlier tonight. They signed 5 players within a span of two hours and two of them were WRs.

Off the top of my head the Patriots have chased Amendola, Beasley, Tate and Humpheries. How is Cobb not in the conversation? didn't they try to trade for him last year?

11 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I don't understand what Gute's problem is with Jordy.  He's 10x the receiver than Cobb has ever been, and by all accounts he's a great guy and teammate, yet he decided to keep Cobb who turned out to once again be just short of useless?  Did Jordy accidentally run over his dog or something?

I dont think it had anything to do with him disliking the player as a person. Think it was more Jordys age versus Cobbs age and the cap savings were greater releasing Nelson as opposed to Cobb. 

Outside of that? Sounds like he really wanted Aaron to elevate Adams game and Nelsons presence due to Rodgers and his connection hindered that.

Just my opinion but the move made sense when everything is considered.

• Like 1