Vikings @ Bears GDT

Nads786

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

Meh, who cares though?

Mitch was easy to pick on as he's had some real bad throws this that just look terrible on replay.  See one of those, and combine that with the lead the Bears loast in the GB game, plus some lackluster stats in games like the Bills and it's a low-effort lob to call him bad and get some clicks.

We watch every second of every game and still had/have serious concerns about Mitch, although damned if he doesn't answer them all game by game so far this season.  A real critical evaluation of Mitch needs to have nuance, an udnerstanding of where he's at in a tricky offense, an honest assessment of his progress and most of all an understanding that a QB is going to develop over time and have ups and downs. That **** is hard! It takes time. Frankly I wouldn't expect any of that-positive or negative-from a national media guy who doesn't have time to follow the Bears every game. 

And none of it matters;  I am loving this season and watching the Bears get good and innovative, and when I want to talk about it I chat with my bourbon neighbor or on here. 

Honestly, you can't play QB better than Mitch did against Detroit.  You want a perfect example of this.  The Bears running game was so bad they had Mitch throw nearly every play in the 4 min drill, which is really hard to do, and he did it.  He executed a 4 min drill from shotgun and ate up enough clock to get to victory formation.  If you throw an incomplete pass the clock stops, if you throw to the sideline, the clock stops.  Every ball has to be on the money in the middle of the field.

I posted in the comparisons thread that everybody keeps moving the goal posts and keeps going right thru them every time.  Let's take a look at some of the things people said at about Mitch this year.

Can't throw to his left, has never had a 2 TD pass game (Throws 2 TDs to his left)

Can't put up a 6 TD game like Mahomes did (Scores 6 TDs against the bucs)

Cant come threw in the clutch (leads what should have been 2 game winning drives against Miami)

Doesnt have a strong enough arm to play in the cold (lol)

Bucs game was just an aberration (on pace for 30+ TDs without the bucs game)

I kind of wonder if Mitch is on the site secretly, bc it seems like everytime somebody brings up a criticism of him on here, he answers that week.

So now what everybody's clinging too is "the schedule" so after he puts up 30 points on the Vikings this week I wonder what the next criticism will be.

Honestly I've never seen so many people with a vested interest in trying to say somebody stinks regardless if how they play.  Are they THAT scared of the Bears?

11 minutes ago, G08 said:

Shaheen estimates he's at more than 90 percent health in his right foot and ankle and would deem himself at 100 percent when he can move with his desired explosiveness once again.

Oooooooooooooooo

He could be SUCH a huge addition to the team, even ignoring the fact that it makes Sims a constant inactive.

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

So now what everybody's clinging too is "the schedule" so after he puts up 30 points on the Vikings this week I wonder what the next criticism will be.

I'm interested to see what comes next from the naysayers, as well. It looks like it's going to devolve into pure comedy very soon. I'm also wondering how long the nonsense will last. 

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Shaheen estimates he's at more than 90 percent health in his right foot and ankle and would deem himself at 100 percent when he can move with his desired explosiveness once again.

Oooooooooooooooo

Where did you see this?  I know he's practicing but I was not expecting him to be ready for the Vikes.

5 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Meh, who cares though?

Mitch was easy to pick on as he's had some real bad throws this that just look terrible on replay.  See one of those, and combine that with the lead the Bears loast in the GB game, plus some lackluster stats in games like the Bills and it's a low-effort lob to call him bad and get some clicks.

We watch every second of every game and still had/have serious concerns about Mitch, although damned if he doesn't answer them all game by game so far this season.  A real critical evaluation of Mitch needs to have nuance, an udnerstanding of where he's at in a tricky offense, an honest assessment of his progress and most of all an understanding that a QB is going to develop over time and have ups and downs. That **** is hard! It takes time. Frankly I wouldn't expect any of that-positive or negative-from a national media guy who doesn't have time to follow the Bears every game. 

And none of it matters;  I am loving this season and watching the Bears get good and innovative, and when I want to talk about it I chat with my bourbon neighbor or on here. 

Exactly my thoughts as well. This is why I don't even try an convince anyone outside the sub about Mitch. Because I know most of their opinions are going to only be based on either raw numbers or rehash something they read on social media like the rest of the sheep who can't think for themselves do.

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

He said all the Detroit throws were easy ones to wide open receivers.  

I don't if he actually said that or not (frankly don't care). But if he did, then he must not have not spent too much time watching that game because NGS has his Agg% at 20% in that game (6th highest in the lg last week)--which measures the amount throws made into tight coverage). That means NGS is saying 6 of his 30 throws were in tight coverage.

I disagree with those numbers though. Using their same criteria I counted 10 passes into tight coverage and Mitch completed 5 of them, including 2 TD's. One incompletion was in the end zone to Gabriel where Diggs made a good play on the ball, another pass that Miller dropped and one was a throw away in the red zone.

That would mean Mitch had the best game of his career while throwing 33% of his passes into tight coverage. There is just no way to spin this.

The pressure is on Cousins. He was signed to win a superbowl for the Vikings. So far that's not looking very likely. Mitch and the Bears are essentially playing with house money at this point as they both have far exceeded everyone's expectations. I think the pressure is too much for Cousins causing him to make a mistake or two that the Bears capitalize on. Mitch has more of an average type game (250 yds 2 TD's) but it's enough to earn the win.

Bears 28 Vikings 24

This game is going to boil down to how well our OL can block Minnesota's front four. If we can shut them down and force them to blitz to generate pressure, I think Mitch can have a field day. If they can get home with 4 and drop 7 into coverage, we might be in for a long day.

Defensively, shut down their run game and ******* tackle. If our corners play off they're going to try to test our discipline with quick hitters and screens (think Vikings). If we can demonstrate that doesn't work and still play up on their WRs, it's going to force Cousins to hold the ball a little bit longer while Thielen/Diggs/Rudolph try to get open. That's where our front four needs to get home.

The Bears D seem's to have the run game covered. To date the biggest weakness that's been exploited has been the quick/short passing game; think 2nd half Packers (or don't think 2nd half Packers, for your sanity) Miami and NE.  I feel like Smith has improved through the season which helps on the middle of the field stuff, and Fangio has been more willing to blitz and do funny stuff to confuse the oppsing O.  How else can you defend against this type of passing attack?  Big concern for me in that regard is that MIN will use the short game to suck the Bears in and then have some deep plays to take advantage.

Offensively I'm excited to see what Nagy dials up!  Feel like this is another game that if the Bears can score early on, they can control. Once the Bears O has a lead I think they're hard to defend against as they are more unpredictable than most.  Big question as usual is what they do with the run game, and how important that will actually be?  Perhaps earlier in the season,  the Vikings could have played zone to puzzle Trubisky, but I think he's better at adapting now so it may be tough to contain the passing attack.

This should be a good one!  

13 hours ago, KOTN-93 said:

Gonna be a tight one. The homer in me wont allow me to pick a Viking loss. Vikes win 23-20 on a last second Dan Bailey field goal. The X-Factor for me is how healthy are Diggs ribs? (Missed the Lions game)

Only one way to find out really.  Bears DB's need to be physical early and often and hit him as legally hard as they can.  Bruised ribs ain't no joke, it's a very painful injury.

Archived