Browns interviewing Rice for HC job

Matts4313

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

This is just bad. They’re making fun of the Rooney rule. They’re not serious about hiring her.

Covers the Rooney rule and I guess the Looney rule? Crazy! SMH! Trying to make this team not a joke, then we pull this nonsense.

I wouldn't be laughing so much if Rice had any experience whatsoever in actually coaching football.  I'm not sure how anyone can think this is a good idea.  I think Dorsey has been watching too many feel good movies about people making a decision that everyone would laugh at only for it to turn into a good decision and I feel like this has everything to do with that and nothing to do with whether or not Rice would actually be a good head coach. 

I really can't fathom how 53 players are supposed to buy into a head coach who would spend her offseason reading NFL Head Coaching for Dummies.  It's just an unconscionable decision that has seemingly everything to do with proving one isn't a sexist and absolutely nothing to do with trying to turn a team into a good team. 

If you think Rice is a strong leader and you like that quality, fine, find yourself the best person with football experience who has that quality. 

If you think Rice is intelligent, fine, find a candidate who is intelligent with head coaching experience.

I really just can't think of any reason whatsoever why somebody with no coaching experience at all would even be rumored, much less considered, as a head coaching candidate.  Maybe hire her as a quality control coach or give her an easy coaching job first. 

Let her learn the NFL and be the guy who got her foot in the door, not the guy who thrust her into a role she was wholly unready for. 

I'm personally offended by a team with 3 wins in the last three seasons entertaining the notion of hiring a head coach who has not been a part of any football team at any level ever winning a game. 

Archived