Alex Smith leg injury and what it means for the NFC East

Rodjahs12

The Cowboys were going to win the division with or without Smith starting for the Redskins. 

In fact, I'd go as far as to say they're going to be tough for anyone to stop from winning the Super Bowl. They have the best defense in football, and that has been shown time and again to get it done in the playoffs. It's the reason freak'n Trent Dilfer has a ring. 

I can just picture them going into NO or LA and Brees or Goff just being baffled by that defense. 

5 minutes ago, NFLExpert49 said:

The Cowboys were going to win the division with or without Smith starting for the Redskins. 

In fact, I'd go as far as to say they're going to be tough for anyone to stop from winning the Super Bowl. They have the best defense in football, and that has been shown time and again to get it done in the playoffs. It's the reason freak'n Trent Dilfer has a ring. 

I can just picture them going into NO or LA and Brees or Goff just being baffled by that defense. 

Did someone forget to start a "Week 11 Overreactions" thread?  Because that's where this comment belongs. 

4 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:

Did someone forget to start a "Week 11 Overreactions" thread?  Because that's where this steamin' pile belongs. 

Call it what you want. I've seen football for long enough to know when a team has that "look" to them. You know, that battle hardened team that really isn't great...they'll never be mentioned with the 85 Bears, etc...but they just have that toughness that leads to them upsetting everyone come the postseason?

2001 Patriots, 2005 Steelers, 2006 Colts, 2007 Giants, 2010 Packers, 2011 Giants, 2012 Ravens...seen it time and again.

8 minutes ago, NFLExpert49 said:

Call it what you want. I've seen football for long enough to know when a team has that "look" to them. You know, that battle hardened team that really isn't great...they'll never be mentioned with the 85 Bears, etc...but they just have that toughness that leads to them upsetting everyone come the postseason?

2001 Patriots, 2005 Steelers, 2006 Colts, 2007 Giants, 2010 Packers, 2011 Giants, 2012 Ravens...seen it time and again.

We're 5-5.  I'm not saying that that defense can't cause some noise, it's just that Garrett has done nothing in the post-season to give me any faith that, if they were to luck into the playoffs,  they'd even get past the Divisional round, much less beyond. He coaches scared..ooopss...I meant conservative. Coaching like that doesn't get you to the big games.

11 minutes ago, NFLExpert49 said:

Just have to look in their eyes. Tells you everything you need to know. 

30 minutes ago, NFLExpert49 said:

Nope. Dak, Garrett, and Linehan will take care of any SB optimism

44 minutes ago, NFLExpert49 said:

Lol I hope this post is a joke.

1 hour ago, NFLExpert49 said:

Seriously doubt Brees is "baffled" by the defense.  They may get to Brees, and beat Saints oline.  They might stuff the run, or perfectly cover the Saints WRs, but I really doubt they "baffle" Brees.

Archived