The Saints post-Brees. Where do they go from there?

Championshiporbust

The Brees-Payton Saints have been to the playoffs (2006) (2009) (2011) (2013) (2017) and likely (2018)

**The bolded shows the Saints' 13-3 record, their Super Bowl XLIV championship season 

Legendary Saints quarterback Drew Brees won't be playing forever. Where will the Saints be post-Brees and can they build a franchise that continues to be a perennial contender? 

Loomis has been one of the hardest to describe GMs in the league. He gambles, he makes some weird moves, he always gets right up against the cap.

But he generally knows talent, and he gets it, his teams win.

If Loomis is still around (preferably with Payton), they have a chance. Bridgewater is a splendid fall-back plan, even if he doesn't work out.

Also...the Saints, overall, are fairly young, aren't they? 

If they aren't able to get Teddy to stay then I hope we can convince Drew to play one additional season. That way we can draft a QB and he can sit behind Drew for a year and learn. I have a feeling Drew will retire after next season though, so Teddy is probably our best option.

56 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

As a Saints fan living in MN that watched a lot of Bridgwater, I'm very excited to see how he does in our offense if Brees retires this year. I think it is the perfect place for Bridgewater to succeed and reach his potential. 

Brees already said he would be back next year.

Just now, JMG5 said:

Brees already said he would be back next year.

When? Last I heard he hinted his time is coming to an end as he has a couple goals he wants to try and accomplish so he can spend time with his family. One could assume those goals would include win another super bowl, and win an MVP. Both appear to be possible this year.

Archived