BDL 2018 Week 12 - Hawaii Nightmarchers @ Ivory Coast Black Rhinos

ny92mike

Hawaii Nightmarchers @ Ivory Coast Black Rhinos  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Hawaii Nightmarchers
    • Ivory Coast Black Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/28/2018 at 05:00 PM

BDL 2018 Week 12

Match:  Hawaii Nightmarchers @ Ivory Coast Black Rhinos

Away Owner: @Hockey5djh

Home Owner:  @RuskieTitan

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Hawaii Nightmarchers

Offense 

QB – Russell Wilson
RB – Saquon Barkley 
RB – Tarik Cohen
WR – Antonio Brown
WR – Stefon Diggs
TE – Ben Watson
LT – Andrew Whitworth
LG – Marshall Yanda
C – Pat Elflein  
RG – Ben Garland
RT – Taylor Decker

BN – TE – Dallas Goedert
BN - RB - Dion Lewis
BN - WR – Josh Gordon
BN – WR - Christian Kirk 
BN – WR - Tre’Quan Smith
BN – WR - Josh Doctson
BN – OT – Jordan Mills
BN – OG/OC – Tom Compton

Defense 

DE – Jadeveon Clowney
DT – Deforest Buckner
DT – Sheldon Rankins
DE – Ziggy Ansah
LB – Roquon Smith
LB – Kyler Fackrell
CB – Casey Heyward
CB – Marshon Lattimore
CB – K’wuan Williams
FS – DJ Swearinger
SS – Eric Weddle  

BN – DE – Frank Clark
BN – DE – Harold Landry
BN – DE - William Hayes
BN – DT – BJ Hill
BN – LB – Tahir Whitehead
BN – LB – Duke Riley
BN – S – Ron Parker 
BN - CB - Bobby McCain

Ivory Coast Black Rhinos

QB- Andrew Luck
RB- Nick Chubb
FB- Anthony Sherman
WR- Alshon Jeffery
WR- Brandin Cooks
WR- Curtis Samuel
LT- Trent Williams
LG- Eric Kush
C- Jason Kelce
RG- Zack Martin
RT- Rick Wagner

--------------------------------------------------

RB- Jalen Richard
TE- Vernon Davis
TE- Luke Stocker
WR- Jarius Wright
WR- Robby Anderson
WR- J.J. Nelson
OL- Dion Dawkins
OL- Jake Fisher

EDGE- Khalil Mack
DT- Da'Ron Payne
NT- Larry Ogunjobi
EDGE- Myles Garrett
MLB- Wesley Woodyard
WLB- Jerome Baker
CB- Tre'Davious White
CB- Adoree' Jackson
CB- Malcolm Butler
SS- Tony Jefferson
FS- Devin McCourty

EDGE- Aaron Lynch
DT- Maurice Hurst
DT- Robert Nkemdiche
DT- Maliek Collins
NT- Dontari Poe
CB- Camerson Sutton
CB- Brandon Williams
S- Eric Reid

Hawaii Nightmarchers

Offense

Running game – Our running game this week will be mostly through the air, attacking the LBs of IC. We’ll be using a base RPO offense which holds their DL up for a half second to diagnose the play and also give gives Russell Wilson multiple different options to attack this defense. Barkley will get 90+% of the carries but Tarik Cohen will be lined up out wide and in double back sets. We think his shifty play will give us an advantage either in match-up or in misdirection. Ben Watson will chip on Khalil Mack on every play and Russ will be given the green light to pick up yardage if the DEs get too far upfield or the LBs turn their backs trying to cover Watson and Cohen.

Passing game – This week with the RPO as the main option we’ll be looking to gain short chunk yardage out of the game with slants, curls, and posts. With short quick hitting passes the goal of our offense is to move the chains in the first half to open up double moves in the second half to gash the IC secondary. AB will get a dozen targets, White is being used as their top CB and for as much shade as people have tried to throw at my CBs this season he’s worse than all 3 of my starters. We’re expecting double coverage on AB but shorter quick hitting routes shouldn’t affect our gameplan too much. On the other side Adoree Jackson will be tasked with covering Stefon Diggs, again we like this match-up.

Defense

DL/LB – Clowney and Ansah will again be attacking the edges with a solid rotation with Frank Clark and Harold Landry. We want to aggressively attack the left side of IC’s line as Trent Williams I hasn’t been 100% for most of the season Eric Kush was injured/benched two weeks ago leaving Dion Dawkins as their only other healthy OL to fill in at LG. Deforest Buckner will line up directly over the Dawkins and Fackrell will be inserted into the lineup for blitzing and additional pass rush from the defensive right side. Roquon Smith who’s had double digit tackles in 3 of the last 4 weeks in the middle of the #1 defense in the NFL will lead out LBs and will be solely responsible for Nick Chubb.

Secondary – To pair with our ferocious pass rush we’ll be using a press man cover 1. Casey Hayward match physicality at the line with Alshon, Marshon Lattimore will match speed with Brandon Cooks, K’Wuan Williams should be a plus match-up against Curtis Samuel or any other 3rdWR.  The defense will be playing a press man with DJ Swearinger manning the deep passes. Weddle will be used in a playmaker/joker role. He’ll cover any usage of TE, help Roquon in the run game, and occasionally get after Luck.  

TL;DR – We’ll attack IC by using the RPO to slow their pass rush paired with quick hitting passes and finding Barkley and Cohen in the passing game. On defense we’re going to aggressively attack an OL that has been injured and will have 0 subs on Sunday by targeting the weaknesses and sending blizes to keep Luck from getting anything going.

Ivory Coast Black Rhinos

Ivory Coast Black Rhinos Gameplan:

Offense
Primary Formation: 3 Wide "20" Personnel
- Offensively we will want to come out with a spread field, using 3 wide receivers. Alshon Jeffery will handle solo duties, with Brandin Cooks and the third receiver (starting will be Curtis Samuel) paired up on the other side. Cooks will spend roughly 50-50 out wide and in the slot. Nick Chubb gets the start and will receive the bulk of the carries this week. Anthony Sherman will join him in the backfield. We'll primarily use Andrew Luck out of the pistol and shotgun sets, to give him a little more time in the pocket.

Running Game Focus- We will utilize a lot of RPO plays, with Andrew Luck making the read on whether the defense is committing to coverage (hand the ball off) or crashing down on the run (pull the ball out and pass). Nick Chubb is going to be our bellcow this game, and will be featured heavily with the runs. We'll utilize a number of different pulling plays, and Brandin Cooks / Curtis Samuel will be featured with jet sweep fakes and handoffs.

Passing Game Focus- Early on we want to establish a consistent passing game, taking some quick short stuff and seeing what our playmakers can make out of it. Cooks will typically be the one sent in motion, and we'll utilize quick receiver screens, rub routes, hitches, and other passes to get the ball out of Luck's hands early on. Later, once we've had the threat of the running game established, we'll add in playaction passes to take some deep shots.

X-Factor on Offense: Get Andrew Luck in Rhythm - We're going to start off with a lot of quick, high completion percentage throws to get Luck into a rhythm and allow him to go from there. He'll have free reign on whether he will check out of a run or pass based on what the defense provides, and we will let him be a field general on the field. We want to work him up into taking numerous deep shots to our speedsters or Alshon Jeffery.

Defense
Primary Defensive Formation: 4-2-5 Nickel Defense
- Hawaii likes to spread the field, so we counter with a nickel base look that will utilize a lot of zone coverage. We'll be using 4 down linemen, with Khalil Mack and Myles Garrett setting the edges. Wesley Woodyard will be shadowing Barkley in coverage to prevent Wilson from having an easy checkdown; if Barkley stays in to block Woodyard will be an additional rusher.

Secondary Coverage: Cover-2 Zone- We will primarily utilize a zone scheme for this matchup, keeping as many players in coverage as possible. We'll split time between cover 2 with the safeties deep and cover 3, with McCourty and the two outside corners deep. The rest of the zones will be in the short-intermediate range, to come up and tackle Barkley quickly if he gets a dump off. We'll also use man coverage at times, with Tre'Davious White drawing Josh Gordon and Adoree' Jackson getting Antonio Brown. Hawaii has a lot of talented pass catchers, so we want to try and pressure Wilson with our line and force him to throw into windows rather than allowing his receivers to make plays against man coverage.

Defensive Box- Our interior defensive linemen will play 2 gap responsibilities this game, and prioritize keeping the middle clogged up as much as possible. We are going to trust our edge players, Mack and Garrett, to get to Russell Wilson in the pocket. Just to be safe, we'll use Jerome Baker as a spy on Wilson, in the event that he somehow eludes our rushers Baker should be able to contain Wilson before he really does damage with his legs. 

X-Factor on Defense: Contain Russell Wilson- We do not want to allow Russell Wilson to get loose outside of the pocket. Our interior linemen will focus on keeping the middle clogged, pushing back if the situation allows, but enabling the edge rushers to collapse the pocket. Jerome Baker will be utilized in a spy role to prevent Wilson from making any damage on bootlegs or scrambles.

Summary:
Offensively, we spread the field with 3 receiver sets, giving our running game fewer bodies to encounter and hopefully giving Andrew Luck enough opportunities to find an open man.

Defensively, we come out in a 2-4-5 nickel to prepare for Hawaii spreading the field. We utilize a lot of zone defense, and rely on our edge rushers to collapse the pocket, while ensuring we have a spy on Wilson to limit him.

This one is tough.  I think both teams have very good gameplans as well as very good OLs to combat top tier DLs.  But I think IC does have a slight edge in the trenches.  Both QBs are playing at a very high level and have very good run games.  Hawaii does have slightly better outside weapons.  

With all of those things being very close, I do think that the Hawaii secondary would do a bit better job of limiting the WRs of IC, even with zone coverage.  Hawaii gets a tough win.  

This is my game of the week and a tough one to decide.

I favor Hawaii's lineup but really liked IC's game plan.  

Rarely do I decide the outcome based on home or away, but I'm taking the cheap way out of this one and going that route.

IC by 1.

Everyone got the RPO game going recently.

I don't think the IC LB's are bad enough that it's a good idea to basically abandon the run game, which is sounds like Hawaii plans on doing here. Even as dominant as Barkley is, if you make his game predictable it's much easier for a defense to compensate. Look at how coaches taking him out of the run game this past weekend so negatively affected their game. 

I think IC adjusts to a pass heavy scheme with an athletic defense and takes a close win.

Hard to run the rpo when you're basically abandoning the run.   That confused the hell out of me 

I really don't understand two RB or a fb strategy using rpo from either side, that's basically just another random dude standing in the backfield 

IC at home 

I wish Hawaii had used the run game a bit more, but I understand their goal of their offense. I think they win this game despite that flaw.

I can understand IC wanting to play zone against an RPO offense, but I think it's a mistake in this game. Especially a Cover-2 zone. With the safeties deep, Barkley gets mismatches against an IC linebacking group that I don't like much at all. Since it's Cover-2 zone, Tre'Davious and Adoree are playing curl/flats and run defending, while McCourty and Tony Jefferson (a box safety primarily) and tasked with the deep routes against Antonio Brown and Stefon Diggs. Cover-3 base would have been a better choice and yes I know it was included some, but I honestly don't see any benefit to a Cover-2 zone and I think it gets burned all over the place. Cover-2 man would be different, although Barkley would still run wild IMO.

Ivory Coast's offense is top heavy, and they are going against a top heavy secondary. Ivory Coast does move the ball, but Hawaii's mismatches outpace them.

Archived