Week 13 Arizona @ Green Bay GDT "I"

skibrett15

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Your desire to refute reality is odd.

It’s a legitimate question. You can be sure one of the reasons McCarthy has been slow to make Jones the clear-cut primary back is to keep him healthy, because Jones’ injury history is a big red flag. He missed most of his 2015 season at UTEP because of a dislocated ankle. Last year as a rookie with the Packers he sustained MCL sprains in each knee that limited him to 12 games. Then this year he missed three weeks of training camp with a hamstring injury.

Jones is listed at 208 pounds but said he’s actually more like 198. Compare that to the running backs who lead the league in carries: Todd Gurley is 224 pounds, James Conner 223, Kareem Hunt 216 and Ezekiel Elliott 228. They’re much better built for the punishment.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.packersnews.com/amp/1967988002

Interesting.  I was just using the pro football reference as the information.

None of those injuries are influenced much by being bigger.  Ankle dislocations are freak things.  MCL are taking a hit/getting the knee bent in a bad way.  Hamstring injury is most likely due to him playing for GB....right of passage with this team to have a hamstring or groin injury in your tenure with the team.

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

Not sure what there is to disagree with.  Jones measured 5'9" 208 at the combine.  McCaffery 5'11" 202.  You tell me who's got the sturdier build.

Jones is playing under 200, has a dislocated ankled, 2 MCLs and a hammy in the last 3 years.

You tell me who is more durable.

Pointing to height and weight from the combine is pretty silly. It's meaningless...

Archived