BDL 2018 Week 13: Camden Hood Rats @ Portland Horned Owls

Whicker

Camden Hood Rats @ Portland Horned Owls  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Camden Hood Rats
    • Portland Horned Owls

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/05/2018 at 05:00 PM

10 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

The more I look at the Portland receiving weapons after Adams, the less impressed I am.  I think a very stout D of Camden is able to essentially smother them.  And I don't know if I trust the front 4 of Portland to get the job done, even though their back 7 is quite good.  

I actually think I am going Camden in a low-scoring game that they grind out.

I'm in agreement with you on this.

Gus Edwards last few weeks have been solid at running back, but the depth at receiver is pretty basic, with 16 teams I just can't help but expect more.

Camden in a close one.

35 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I'm in agreement with you on this.

Gus Edwards last few weeks have been solid at running back, but the depth at receiver is pretty basic, with 16 teams I just can't help but expect more.

Camden in a close one.

Yeah it's not like my top 2 WRs would be the no.1 WR Camden or anything. 

4 hours ago, PR said:

The only person that isnt a solid pass rusher on Portlands line is Jones... the rest are plus if not elite (Short) pass rushers

This, 2 solid pass rushers, 1 elite interior defender and 2 solid guys in Jones+Pierce.

I think Camden’s defense is one of the top units in the league right now. It’s a hard matchup with their D though it took a while to sort their issues. There safety play is a huge difference maker because they have two good CBs.

Offensively, they have a simple gameplan. Running ball at Portland is the best way to beat them. It allows teams to avoid their secondary and keep Mahomes on the bench. I like some of their weapons but Portland owns a respectable back seven.

In the end I like Camden’s defense to be the difference maker. They can rush with four and have four good pass rushers. Jamaal Adams, Kevin Byard, Darius Leonard, Chandler Jones, Akiem Hicks led a loaded group to get stops. I think Lamar will be effective enough at QB.

This is a very very close defensive game.

Both D-lines would win against the opposing O-line. Camden's to a bigger extent.

Both teams lack weapons and have a good secondaries. Portland has a slight advantage here as they have the only player in Adams who is actually good. I kind of like Tyler Boyd too.

Both teams have a bit of success running the ball despite getting beat at the line of scrimmage. Camden has the Lamar Jackson X-factor and the better interior line. Portland is running into a very light box. Camden has the advantage here.

Portland has a significantly better quarterback and are playing at home. In a defensive grind, I think that's enough to make the difference.

I feel like Portland has the pass rush to take down Camden this week though that doesn't seem like a popular pick. Jackson is a stellar runner and a developing passer, but with a below average protection he can't get much done.

I went Portland. I think the Telvin Smith spy on Jackson more effective than the RPO/PA offense of Camden. While I like the idea of going with 6 DBs and some misdirection on defense I don't think it would match-up well to a team that will be running the ball and using both the RBs and TEs in the middle of the field. I don't think Portland's deep shots will be successful but I do think they'll do enough in the middle of the field to win the game.

Archived