Revisiting the Khalil Mack Trade

MacReady

29 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Yes. Remember, Rodgers ripped MM publicly after a 22-0 win.
 I think the decision to move on from MM was already well on its way inside of 1265. Murphy's hair-trigger after the AZ game hints that things were already in motion long before December. And I don't think it would have been a different decision even if GB was at 6- 0. It just would have been harder to sell. I believe the die was cast and Gute wanted his own HC and Murphy was on board with that decision regardless of the 2018 W/L column.

We'll agree to disagree. Rodgers and Mac had their differences it seemed since the SB, I don't think Aaron's comments after the Bills game ripped on Mac, I think he ripped on the whole offense and included himself. He just ripped on the whole offense again Thursday night, it was warranted both times. He's a perfectionist who will call anyone and everyone to the table to be held accountable. 

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

CHI would have had Mahomes/Watson for only their rookie season prior to the Mack trade.  It would have changed nothing related to the trade.  Suggesting it would have is the exact nonsense you seem to so despise.

Derrrrrrr THE bEARS WoUlD hAVe Had ThE SamE rECorD IF tHey Had MaHOMes orWatsON DERRRRR

Everything changes in that scenario and it would have changed everything.  I literally just explained why.  You think Mahomes plays in Chicago and doesn't lead them to more wins than Trubisky had?  You think the entire NFL would have ended exactly the same way if Mahomes or Watson were Bears? 

Every single win/loss stays the same? 

Every single head coach stays the same? 

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Derrrrrrr THE bEARS WoUlD hAVe Had ThE SamE rECorD IF tHey Had MaHOMes orWatsON DERRRRR

Everything changes in that scenario and it would have changed everything.  I literally just explained why.  You think Mahomes plays in Chicago and doesn't lead them to more wins than Trubisky had?  You think the entire NFL would have ended exactly the same way if Mahomes or Watson were Bears? 

Every single win/loss stays the same? 

Every single head coach stays the same? 

Since Mahomes did not play as a rookie and Watson got hurt in his rookie season, I am thinking that CHI would not have had more wins.

32 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't think Aaron's comments after the Bills game ripped on Mac

Here's the video, its certainly open to differing interpretations. I think he's taking shots at MM with some of his answers
The play caller is responsible for the flow and he rips on the lack of flow in this game

AR blames The Plan, comments about not getting the playmakers involved, wants more passed to Adams/Jimmy
"I'm not the right one to ask "
" no flow to the game"
"coaches put in the plan and we go"

https://www.packers.com/video/rodgers-displeased-with-offensive-output-against-bills

Did everybody rent out their brains to Idiots to make a couple bucks today or something?  If Bears draft Mahomes Mahomes doesn’t sit.  If Watson plays he does not play the play that injured him because that was in a Texans uniform.

Did people just decide to not understand the Butterfly Effect concept today or am I being trolled?

On 9/6/2019 at 9:42 PM, boratt said:

preston and Amos are the same price as Mack. Savage and Gary are bonuses. It could have been worse. Whether we won or not, we turned out OK regardless. 

This sums it up for me and shows why the Mack trade was so reckless for the Bears. 

Mack 

or

Preston, Amos, Gary and Savage. 

Who wouldn't take the Packers haul here?

• Like 1

On 9/7/2019 at 2:06 PM, Outpost31 said:

Did everybody rent out their brains to Idiots to make a couple bucks today or something?  If Bears draft Mahomes Mahomes doesn’t sit.  If Watson plays he does not play the play that injured him because that was in a Texans uniform.

Did people just decide to not understand the Butterfly Effect concept today or am I being trolled?

But if the Bears draft Mahomes or Watson, they suck because they are the QB of the Bears.  Then we would be talking about how they passed on Trubisky.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Posted this in another thread but thought the Mack trade could use some new analysis. Especially considering the original thread had 110-30 in favor the Bears winning the trade.

There is definitely not a winner until somebody raises a Lombardi with either Mack, or trade pieces that resulted because of Mack.

However:

- Raiders are 5-4

- 4th Round Rookie Maxx Crosby had ten pressures and a sack last night. 

- 1st Round Rookie Clelin Ferrell had two very clutch timed sacks, five pressures, and two ball swats. 

- Rookie Josh Jacobs (actually part of the Mack trade) is averaging 5.0 YPC, on pace for 1400 yards, and had the game closing touchdown. 

- We replaced Macks sack production with Benson Mayowa who is the Raiders sack leader at 7. 

- Raiders still have another 1st in the 2020 draft because of the Mack trade. Which could be a Top 10-12 pick with the way the Bears are playing. 

- Bears are 3-5

- Khalil Mack has 5.5 sacks. 

• Like 2

On 9/7/2019 at 2:29 PM, Packerraymond said:

We'll agree to disagree. Rodgers and Mac had their differences it seemed since the SB, I don't think Aaron's comments after the Bills game ripped on Mac, I think he ripped on the whole offense and included himself. He just ripped on the whole offense again Thursday night, it was warranted both times. He's a perfectionist who will call anyone and everyone to the table to be held accountable. 

Then you need to be drug tested.

Let it be known that I did not bump this thread, @Packerraymond

But since it got bumped, I don't mind reminding everyone that Mack is gonna get older and that defense is not gonna stay the same.  And that draft capital is, has been and always will be the best way to not only become competitive, but stay competitive. 

@BayRaider, you didn't even mention that if the season ended today, the Raiders would have the 10th overall pick.  The Bears would have the 18th pick in the second round.  I'm not going to tag them because I'm not a jerk, but there was one Bears fan who kept telling me that the Raiders second round pick will basically be a first round pick and t he Bears first round pick will basically be a second round pick. 

I don't know why so damn many people were so damn sure that it was the best thing ever to trade for Mack.  Especially with how our defense played last year.  And so what if we had him?  Mack is not as good as the Smiths combined, and we'd still be giving up huge plays.  It would be worse because we wouldn't even have Savage. 

Gary might turn into nothing and be a massive bust, but then again he might become great.  Judging him after one year is pretty bad, just like judging the Mack trade after one year is pretty bad.  We got Amos, Smith, Smith, Gary, Savage and Turner.  With Mack, we'd have been lucky to get one of those 6 players. 

A lot of people owe me an apology. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Posted this in another thread but thought the Mack trade could use some new analysis. Especially considering the original thread had 110-30 in favor the Bears winning the trade.

There is definitely not a winner until somebody raises a Lombardi with either Mack, or trade pieces that resulted because of Mack.

However:

- Raiders are 5-4

- 4th Round Rookie Maxx Crosby had ten pressures and a sack last night. 

- 1st Round Rookie Clelin Ferrell had two very clutch timed sacks, five pressures, and two ball swats. 

- Rookie Josh Jacobs (actually part of the Mack trade) is averaging 5.0 YPC, on pace for 1400 yards, and had the game closing touchdown and is running away with the OROY race. 

- We replaced Macks sack production with Benson Mayowa who is the Raiders sack leader at 7. 

- Raiders still have another 1st in the 2020 draft because of the Mack trade. Which could be a Top 10-12 pick with the way the Bears are playing. 

- Bears are 3-5

- Khalil Mack has 5.5 sacks. 

-Mack needs Hicks and his DL to be completely healthy in order to be an incredible threat as a pass rusher

Fixed...