Salary Cap between $187-$191m for 2019

WizardHawk

9 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

No one pays attention to this, but when we see a headline where "___ becomes highest paid ___ ever" everyone will lose their mind.

There's so much money out there it's insane. I think there is going to be like half a dozen teams with 100 million in space when you account for rollover space. 

12 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

No one pays attention to this, but when we see a headline where "___ becomes highest paid ___ ever" everyone will lose their mind.

This.

Someone on this site the other day told me he was expecting Bridgewater to get around $8-10m per year in FA.

Cap space is going up nearly 10% per year like clockwork, and people's expectations regarding player contracts are stuck in 2009.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

There's so much money out there it's insane. I think there is going to be like half a dozen teams with 100 million in space when you account for rollover space. 

Right now is the lowest ebb in cap space of the year.
December/January is when teams have the least amount of room -  and yet there's still over $ 333 million in unspent cap across the league.
When the bell rings for 2019, it will really balloon up

This just makes the projections by cap experts "official" projections. Most projections had it between $187-$190, and (I think) recently they haven't hit that high mark when they announced the range it would fall in, so $187-190 sounds about right. $190 million would be a good number for it to get set at, would make it pretty easy to jump above $200 million next year.

At this point, I'm kinda shrugging my shoulders at the cap. I mean, teams are adept at manipulating figures - front loading FA deals, creating space via converting base salary to bonus money, etc - it's to the point to where if you see a team with cap trouble, it should lead to a GM being terminated. 

It's all funny money out there.

5 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

The Rams without any cuts will have around $40 million, but we can’t afford anybody with all the money given out last year :D

40 million really is not a lot in the landscape of this NFL.

The Rams are in a similar position to the Bears were they do not have a lot of guys under contract, there is simply a volume of guys situation.

The Rams also have some pretty significant free agents in, Suh, Saffold, Fowler, Joyner.

But even with that they have a very functional amount of cap space. Just not enough to sit at the big boy table of cap space. The high stacks this year are crazy.

Archived