Pete Carroll Signs Contract Extention Through 2021

showtime

Making the playoffs after an 0-2 start is a tall task.  Making the playoffs in what’s supposed to be a rebuilding year is even harder.  Carroll did both in a season where most people expected 6-7 wins. He’s earned my vote for Coach of the Year, with Matt Nagy a close second and John Harbaugh right behind him

2 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

Making the playoffs after an 0-2 start is a tall task.  Making the playoffs in what’s supposed to be a rebuilding year is even harder.  Carroll did both in a season where most people expected 6-7 wins. He’s earned my vote for Coach of the Year, with Matt Nagy a close second and John Harbaugh right behind him

Frank Reich also deserves some consideration many people picked the Colts to be near the bottom of the NFL.

Carroll went through basically a full rebuild while still making the playoffs and staying true to his identity from a philosophy standpoint. Absolutely amazing coaching job.

Keep in mind he's never won Coach of The Year and John Schneider has never won Executive of The Year - yet Seattle's been the most successful franchise since they've taken over.

On 12/24/2018 at 6:29 PM, footbull3196 said:

He could sure coach up a D. People were grilling him because he let Richards go to Dallas. 

On 12/24/2018 at 6:46 PM, Superman(DH23) said:

Well deserved.  One of the top 5 coaching jobs in the NFL this year.

Is it really?  I'd give the nod to Matt Nagy (COY), Andy Reid, Sean Payton, Anthony Lynn, and Frank Reich by a pretty significant margin.  He's been a 9/10 win HC for the last four year and he'll do it again this year.

Archived