Dolphins to move on from Ryan Tannehill

Elky

On 27/12/2018 at 7:02 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

This.

Charles Harris is a straight up bust.

McMillain has also been garbage.

If we do blow it up the only players I actually truly care about are Drake, Ballage, Grant, Geisicki, Tunsil, Baker, Xavien, and Minkah. Possibly Ja'Juan James and Davon Godchaux.

Vincent Taylor. 

On 12/28/2018 at 1:51 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

I definitely see the Redskins taking an interest in Tannehill if the price is right.  I highly doubt Alex Smith is going to be ready to start the season, and if the Redskins want to continue to compete, they can't do another trade for a QB and give up more assets that can be used to fill other holes on the roster.  The injury thing concerns me, especially since our offensive line usually has more than their fair share of injuries themselves. 

Yeah, Washington is going to have to find something there, though Tannehill may have a bigger market than they can bear.  One of these starters is going to fall through the cracks and you'll be able to get him fairly cheap. With Flacco, Tannehill, and Foles all available, where does that leave someone like Teddy B? If you're Washington, you can't really afford to pay another quarterback 20 million next season, and probably not even 15 million. But someone like Bridgewater, if he's #4 on the totem pole, may be able to be signed for something like 7 million if you're basically guaranteeing him the starting job to start out (which washington may be able to do if Smith isn't able to go, as expected). 

On 12/28/2018 at 8:44 AM, ET80 said:

Mark the tape - Ryan Tannehill will be a Pro Bowl/All Pro type QB next season for his next team.

I'm thinking the Giants are going to jump on this.

I'm really curious to see how the carousel plays out. You have three guys that I think are going to have legit starting quarterback interest available now - Foles, Tannehill and Flacco (yep). I'll be curious to see who has the biggest market. Then you have another guy like Teddy B who is an intriguing option, and with the other three taking a bigger priority, may be able to be had for a really cheap deal for a starting quarterback and he may be willing to take it if he's basically guaranteed the starting job.  

I think Tannehill would be a really good fit at Jax, but I don't know how much of the team and cap they want to restructure to get around the cap requirements if Tannehill is going to get something that pays him in the area of 15 million on a single year, which I don't doubt could happen. They have some huge cap chunks that they can get rid of, but for each player that you cut (most of whom are starters), you have to find a way to replace them, so money is still going to be an issue. It'll really help if they can trade Bortles to someone. So they and Washington could be really good fits for Teddy B given the cap crunch. The giants could be a good fit for any of the other three if Eli comes off the books at 17 million. If Foles continues to play well, he could be really intriguing for them given that he's actually younger than Tannehill (kind of crazy that Tannehill is already 30, will be 31 next season). I think the Broncos make some sort of move; Keenum's contract carries 10 million dead, but at least they save 11 million by cutting him. I could easily see them cut him and then grab someone like Flacco for something around that price point. 

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm really curious to see how the carousel plays out. You have three guys that I think are going to have legit starting quarterback interest available now - Foles, Tannehill and Flacco (yep). 

You forgot the magic, bruv...

AR-180919969.jpg&MaxW=1200&Q=66

In all honesty, I could also see the likes of Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Andy Dalton and Derek Carr also available in some capacity. 

Going to be a very interesting off-season...

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

In all honesty, I could also see the likes of Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Andy Dalton and Derek Carr also available in some capacity. 

Going to be a very interesting off-season...

No way. Unless this is the typical "gruden is gruden comment", which I'm sure it is. 

Jameis makes sense given the staff uncertainty. Dalton as well.

Unsure on Mariota. I think he's a fine qb, but nothing too impressive either. I don't see him getting traded though.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

No way. Unless this is the typical "gruden is gruden comment", which I'm sure it is. 

This is the same guy who traded away one of the top 10 players in football last off-season, so I'm not putting anything beyond him. 

I don't give it a high probability as I do with Winston or Dalton, but it's possible.

Archived