SNF GDT: Win and In Edition - Colts vs Titans

dtait93

Colts vs Titans - Who Wins?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

16 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Jags just need to get a qb on the same level as the other 3 to really compete.

Which is what worries me, because the probably have the best starting lineup of all four teams in the division. The OL has potential to be great, Fournette is goes from "average" to "great" if there's a threat to pass, the defense has several key guys - if they can land a true QB (and a WR with #1 WR traits) they'll be a very scary team.

36 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Well like i said. Alot of team vs team streaks were ended this year. Chargers and their losing streak vs KC. 49ers ended their losing streak vs Seahawks, Pit ended theirs vs NE, Browns ended theirs vs Denver.

Also, didnt the Titans end the Redskins funky streak of Washington winning every game they score first in and losing every game their opponent score first in. 

Yep. I also thought we'd never beat the Belichick/Brady era Patriots and we ended a 7 game losing streak against them this season, so it's definitely possible.

9 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

A Dean Pees defense facing a "win and in" scenario in week 17? Good luck with that, Tennessee.

literally all offseason we heard horror stories from ravens fans about dean pees and all he's done is produce without question the best tennessee defense since our 2008 season with god mode albert haynesworth. our defense has sealed numerous games for us with good performances in critical times, which was supposed to be an achilles heel for the guy. he's done a tremendous job this year.

having said that, he's got his work cut out for him without casey and ryan. the colts match up really well with our defense even with casey on the field. i'll be impressed if we can slow them down sunday.

5 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Well like i said. Alot of team vs team streaks were ended this year. Chargers and their losing streak vs KC. 49ers ended their losing streak vs Seahawks, Pit ended theirs vs NE, Browns ended theirs vs Denver.

Also, didnt the Titans end the Redskins funky streak of Washington winning every game they score first in and losing every game their opponent score first in. 

Just to add one not included, Drew Brees/Sean Payton finally beat the Baltimore Ravens.

Heavy rain in the forecast beginning at kick off. Looks like it will last throughout the entirety of the game, but you never know if it will change. If it does rain, gotta think that favors us knowing that we want to ugly the game up. We also just dominated the Giants in a freezing monsoon a couple weeks ago on the road, the same Giants team that lost to Indy by just 1 point on their turf. We have experience playing in bad weather this year and have performed well in it.

16 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Heavy rain in the forecast beginning at kick off. Looks like it will last throughout the entirety of the game, but you never know if it will change. If it does rain, gotta think that favors us knowing that we want to ugly the game up. We also just dominated the Giants in a freezing monsoon a couple weeks ago on the road, the same Giants team that lost to Indy by just 1 point on their turf. We have experience playing in bad weather this year and have performed well in it.

It's not too late to install a roof.

3 hours ago, -Hope- said:

literally all offseason we heard horror stories from ravens fans about dean pees and all he's done is produce without question the best tennessee defense since our 2008 season with god mode albert haynesworth. our defense has sealed numerous games for us with good performances in critical times, which was supposed to be an achilles heel for the guy. he's done a tremendous job this year.

having said that, he's got his work cut out for him without casey and ryan. the colts match up really well with our defense even with casey on the field. i'll be impressed if we can slow them down sunday.

Check out our DVOA rankings under Pees each year he was here. We had impressive stats at face value, but at critical times where we needed our defense to make plays, we were constantly embarrassed, especially in Pees' last two seasons here in the last week of the season.

All I'm saying is don't be surprised if the same thing happens.

If the Titans get in.... they made it last year and won a game in unexpectedly epic fashion.

How does this Tennessee team compare with last year's version?

Do they have more or less of a chance to create some playoff havoc possibly?

1 hour ago, CKS97 said:

If the Titans get in.... they made it last year and won a game in unexpectedly epic fashion.

That depends on if they get to play Bob Suttons defense again

2 hours ago, CKS97 said:

Probably less since Morgan and Orakpo have fallen off a cliff and we’ll be without Walker, Casey, and Ryan who you could argue are 3 of our 5 best players.

You never know though. Sutton is still in KC, we blew out New England, only lost to the Chargers by 1, and split with Houston and divisional matchups can get funky. We’d be the worst team on paper for sure, but any given Sunday as the saying goes.

2 hours ago, CKS97 said:

I think both us and the Titans would cause problems for the other teams in the AFC.

I'd say our offense can compete with most, and would certainly cause trouble for any defense possibly bar the Ravens if they make it. 

Tennessee have shown they can compete with the best in the AFC, so i wouldn't call either of us a given for any of the other teams. 

Archived