Sign in to follow this  
EaglesPeteC

Brian Orakpo Retiring

Dominant pass rusher for a brief time.  Injuries really piled up and degraded his abilities. Wish him well in his future endeavors.

3 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Dominant pass rusher for a brief time.  Injuries really piled up and degraded his abilities. Wish him well in his future endeavors.

I'm not sure "dominant" is the right term. He's never had more than 11 sacks in a season.  He's struggled with a lot of injuries in his career, and was never that great against the run.  Always a solid starter nothing more IMO.

good player and great dude who was an instrumental piece of the core group of players who helped lift the titans out of the basement of the NFL. he had clearly lost a step or three this year and struggled with injuries after staying pretty healthy overall during his time in nashville. probably a good time to hang em up. happy trails, rak.

Was a really good player for 3 years for us, fell off a cliff physically this year but was still solid in the run game. Wish him the best.

Good player, never great but I always liked him.  He had a good career. Certainly one of the better Redskins first round picks this century.

Edited by turtle28

Oh dang.

Can't say much for his NFL career as I didn't follow him all that closely, but I absolutely loved him as a Horn. Wish him well on all his post-football endeavors.

Edited by Longhorns90

Loved him as a prospect coming out of Texas, followed him during his time in Washington (I distinctly remember him sealing a win against the Romo Cowboys when he got held to prevent the sack and it was flagged on the final play), and was thrilled when he came to Tennessee. He was a great locker room presence and helped turn our franchise around. But you could see this year that all those prior injuries had caught up to him and he wasnt the same player.

Happy retirement, Orakpo. Hope you make the Hall of Fame.

His legs finally gave out on him this year, good to do it now rather than in another year or two and risk doing even more damage to himself. He was a great player in his prime and made that Titans defense legitimate when he got there, wish him well in retirement.