LaFleur's Lieutenants - Coordinator/Staff Thread

incognito_man

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

I think this entire notion that Rodgers is this uncoachable diva is a bunch of hooey. 

I would agree. It's not that extreme. But I do 100% believe he was freelancing outside of what the coaches wanted relatively often the past couple years

Silverstein:

Former Ravens national scout Milt Hendrickson has officially accepted a senior personnel department position with the Packers and is with GM Brian Gutekunst in Mobile, Ala., for the Senior Bowl, a source said.

Ooops. Didnt realize there was an entire thread devoted to this.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Silverstein:

Former Ravens national scout Milt Hendrickson has officially accepted a senior personnel department position with the Packers and is with GM Brian Gutekunst in Mobile, Ala., for the Senior Bowl, a source said.

Ooops. Didnt realize there was an entire thread devoted to this.

This is very good news.

1 minute ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

This is very good news.

I tend to agree. On the overall I think the organization got high marks on their personnel moves/decisions. How much was Ozzie (?) how much was the other guys (?) I personally dont know - but a good department to be restocking our own from IMO.

One thing?

If we're looking for TEs in the draft (?) BALT has been TE rich territory - so they know how to separate your pretender TEs from the producers.  So - he came on board at just the right time.

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I like that Milt's expertise is in Oline, as we are expected to add some pieces there this off-season.

Evidently the soon to be Tight End Coach, Justin Outten, also has an O-Line background. Here’s an excerpt from a post by Zach Kruse:

"The last two seasons, Outten has served as an offensive assistant under offensive line coach Chris Morgan, who helped bring him to Atlanta.

Almost all of Outten’s coaching experience has come with the offensive line. A three-year starter at center for Syracuse, Outten spent two years as a graduate assistant at the school, assisting with the offensive line. He was the assistant head coach, offensive coordinator and offensive line coach at Spring Westfield High School in Houston, Texas before re-joining Morgan with the Falcons.

Angelichio, who was hired by former Packers coach Mike McCarthy in 2014, served as the tight ends coach in both Tampa Bay and Cleveland before arriving in Green Bay. He struggled to get the most out of veteran free agent acquisitions such as Martellus Bennett, Jimmy Graham, Lance Kendricks and Marcedes Lewis in recent years.

Link to the article:

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/22/report-packers-to-hire-falcons-assistant-justin-outten-as-tes-coach/

15 minutes ago, JQ1 said:

Here’s more speculation from Kruse about the next Packer Special Teams coach:

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/22/ravens-assistant-chris-horton-could-provide-st-solution-for-packers/

I keep wondering if they’ll give Nolan Cromwell a call...They’re bringing back Getsy, right?   ( - ; # 

Special teams is about attitude. It starts with the coaches. 

19 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

This staff is the equivalent of drafting a boom or bust player. I either see a group of young guys who hit it off with each other and the team immediately and we play fast and loose or a bunch of guys who are trying to learn on the job resulting in a colossal failure.

My prediction is we will be excellent during regular seasons and will never win a SB with this coaching staff during Arod tenure. 

25 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

My enemy's enemy and all that

I had to look into what happened....

The Illinois defense ranked 115th of the 117 NCAA Division I teams in yards and points allowed.

The Illini allowed opponents almost 470 yards and 39.5 points per game. The Illini gave up 30 points or more to all but one opponent and went 2-9, winless in the Big Ten.

Lol. Damn

Archived