BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

But then I trade away my first ever draft pick who is a stud 

What is your reason for trading McCaffrey then? Just a bunch more lottery tickets that may or may not help you win in 2-3 years?

Signed contracts added to team rosters.

Andy Dalton - QB    $4,050    Anchorage Wolves
Derek Carr - QB    $6,550    Seoul Dragons
Nick Foles - QB    $5,800    Anchorage Wolves
Ty Johnson - RB    $900    Portland Horned Owls
Denico Autry - DE    $575    Cuba Smugglers
Jason Verrett - CB    $1,000    New Orleans Jazz
Jonathan Jones - CB    $600    Singapore Sentinels

• Like 1

@Ragnarok @Jlash @MD4L @pheltzbahr @Hockey5djh @RuskieTitan @Counselor @WFLukic @BringinDaPain @SwoleXmad @bcb1213 @SirA1 @wwhickok @PR

Sorry @TedLavie I couldn't wait to post this.  Pretty obvious I'm excited to hear what you guys thought about this years Shark Tank.

Looking at previous shark tank threads, it was hard to tell exactly how many players were signed but this year we've recorded 123 players and another 10 more pending.

There are some things that Ted and I need to work to get a faster update time. 

Some possible solutions that we'll test to see what works best would be to move the team pages to another location,  either a scouting workbook or within the team pages already created in the master workbook, Ted suggested trying pivot tables vs the filter formula, so we'll test that out too.  So we have a few options to try to speed it up along with just doing some cleaning up of the formulas should help as well.  The team pages require a lot of formulas and the added sheets while useful really slow the updates down.  

I know early on that the 4 digit code used to verify was an issue early on, did that improve over time?  Other solutions would be to remove it completely or to use the single sign on that pulls your email address to verify.  This information would still remain hidden from public.  Is there one you prefer over another?

I think we'd all agree that 48 hours is too much time and 24 works just fine.

So aside from the known issues that I believe Ted and I can work on, is there anything that would make this better?  

Anyway, would appreciate the feedback / constructive criticism or a poke in the eye.  Your feedback will be used to make improvements for next year.

Thanks 

Edited by ny92mike

4 hours ago, Jlash said:

I mean.....you had Aaron Rodgers.

I haven't approved yet simply because I've been busy and I don't want to look over rosters and picks to make sure everything is kosher. When Xmad is involved he could be trading picks away he hasn't owned in years. When I get home I'll look at it.

I take offense to this. 

Usually the picks are only wrong because I go off my personal spreadsheet vs. the official one. 

4 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Darren Waller Stock Up!

His stock is always high, shame it aways drops. 

4 hours ago, Jlash said:

*Collusion gif*

*You are fake news gif*

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

I remember when I turned Derek Carr into a first round draft pick cause paying him 19000 a year was turned down by the committee.  Good times 

That one still hurts but it led to mahomes so.

25 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

I take offense to this. 

Usually the picks are only wrong because I go off my personal spreadsheet vs. the official one. 

His stock is always high, shame it aways drops. 

*You are fake news gif*

That one still hurts but it led to mahomes so.

I’d just love to know if I’m starting McCaffrey or not since I have to do my write up tonight due to a busy weekend 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@Ragnarok @Jlash @MD4L @pheltzbahr @Hockey5djh @RuskieTitan @Counselor @WFLukic @BringinDaPain @SwoleXmad @bcb1213 @SirA1 @wwhickok @PR

Sorry @TedLavie I couldn't wait to post this.  Pretty obvious I'm excited to hear what you guys thought about this years Shark Tank.

Looking at previous shark tank threads, it was hard to tell exactly how many players were signed but this year we've recorded 123 players and another 10 more pending.

There are some things that Ted and I need to work to get a faster update time. 

Some possible solutions that we'll test to see what works best would be to move the team pages to another location,  either a scouting workbook or within the team pages already created in the master workbook, Ted suggested trying pivot tables vs the filter formula, so we'll test that out too.  So we have a few options to try to speed it up along with just doing some cleaning up of the formulas should help as well.  The team pages require a lot of formulas and the added sheets while useful really slow the updates down.  

I know early on that the 4 digit code used to verify was an issue early on, did that improve over time?  Other solutions would be to remove it completely or to use the single sign on that pulls your email address to verify.  This information would still remain hidden from public.  Is there one you prefer over another?

I think we'd all agree that 48 hours is too much time and 24 works just fine.

So aside from the known issues that I believe Ted and I can work on, is there anything that would make this better?  

Anyway, would appreciate the feedback / constructive criticism or a poke in the eye.  Your feedback will be used to make improvements for next year.

Thanks 

It was great on the pc but difficult on my phone and I’m on the phone a majority of the time