packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

27 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

any transcript (rough or otherwise) available for those folks in an office and forgot headphones?

He made a joke that he doesn't talk to Rodgers anymore.

He said he understands from Rodgers POV since they just play vanilla nothing defense so it doesn't do much for him but there's 10 other guys out there too.

Said they took it to us on the full kick off drills and that's something he probably won't do again. Agreeing with Aaron.

Edit, just read what Wilde tweeted didn't see that first.

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I told all of you and you made fun of me. 

https://www.studyfinds.org/for-coaches-anger-more-effective-than-positivity-when-it-comes-to-halftime-speeches/

Players play better with grumpiness than they do positivity. 

Hopefully LaFleur learns to be a little bit grumpy and stop smiling so much. 

I secretly like to think that he's secretly really grumpy.  There was that whole Rishard Matthews thing and how Matthews hates LaFleur (only to get cut by like two teams since leaving the Titans).  Then Pettine, the grumpiest looking person in football, is now on the sidelines.  Maybe LaFleur is a straight up BAMF who uses his smile as a weapon to trick people into comfort only to rip that comfort right out from underneath them and shock them with his grumpiness. 

He's just waiting for his moment to strike with Rodgers.  Rodgers is going to suck at the beginning of the year and we will get by with our defense and our running game, and then at halftime of a really important midseason game, LaFleur is going to rip into Rodgers and tell him if he doesn't start playing the offense and not Aaron Rodgers versus the defense, he will bench him for J.K. Scott, **** you not.  Then Rodgers will get this massive angry chip and be like, "Fine, LaFleur, I'll play your stupid offense," in his head and then try to spite him by playing exactly to how the offense is drawn up.  He will throw a dump off pass purposefully poorly; Aaron Jones will make a hell of a catch and then make two defenders miss and run for a touchdown.  Rodgers will pretend to be happy, but secretly he will be livid.  On the next drive he will keep throwing passes as designed, hoping they fail, and then we'll score another touchdown.  We'll end up winning a hopeless game, coming back from 19 points down.  Then LaFleur will, like a BAMF, hug Rodgers and say something overflowing with passive aggression about what happens when Rodgers swallows his ego.  Then we will win Super Bowl. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Some nuggets in here.

Flores was reportedly the leader before LaFluer interviewed.

candidtes we’re not pleased Murphy said no one stood out other than Lafluer. I always wondered why he would have said that?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27520851/how-win-nfl-job-interview-3-hours-packers-matt-lafleur

I’m sure they weren’t pleased when they didn’t get the job also.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, deathstar said:

I’m sure they weren’t pleased when they didn’t get the job also.

I'm sure that Rob D sat on this lame "story" until today so it would grab some attention despite being yesterdays news
Warmed over chum, tossed into the fray of the pre-game hype

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leader said:

"But before Murphy offered LaFleur the job, he had quarterback Aaron Rodgers call him, which was an indication to LaFleur that he was the guy"

I wonder if MFL was the only candidate that AR called. 

There was some discussion of the call in the first presser. I don’t remember perfectly and I don’t think it was explicitly stated but the impression I got was basically that Rodgers called him once the hire team was basically sure that he was the one they wanted. Like a follow-up interview where leadership knows they want the candidate but they want the guy he’ll actually be working with to talk to him first before pulling the trigger. 

in this interview with TE Marcedes Lewis, he talks about meeting with Das Gute at the end of last year and Gute telling him he'd have a different and better role in 2019. If that discussion took place as part of the normal exit interviews - that was before the Packers hired or interviewed MLF.

https://www.packersnews.com/videos/sports/nfl/packers/2019/09/06/marcedes-lewis-preparation-role-tight-end-friendly-offense-cutting-weight/2236454001/

Edited by Shanedorf