Browns to name Freddie Kitchens as Head Coach

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Let's compromise and say that Kitchens is the Zodiac Killer and California is the Scranton Strangler and call it a day.

smh.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Also let's agree that Gregg Williams shouldn't even be a coach in the NFL after Bountygate.

As a Jeff Fisher disciple, this would be tough for me to admit but also intentionally injuring people is a bummer. I'm good with it.

I actually think it's a good hire. Continuity is a big thing and then they can go out and get a big name DC that's better than Greggy anyway.

33 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

It's a risky hire. I understand it, but Tampa Bay had the same logic with hiring Dirk Koetter. I hope it works for them. I'd like to see the Browns do well.

Freddie is actually a good self-confident HC

I never liked Dirk and I think he'll get fired from ATL eventually 

Freddie is going to be good here he embodies the city I think it was a match made in heaven 

Just now, big_palooka said:

Why not just keep him as OC and hire an experienced HC? 

Dunno for certain, but he was really well liked by the offensive guys in general and especially Baker.

Id imagine there was a concern that he’d get a HC gig next year and they’d be looking for a new OC and would like to keep some continuity with a young QB.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Why not just keep him as OC and hire an experienced HC? 

because hiring a HC who already has to deal with a coordinator being in place never works out. Its a major turnoff to other candidates.

I saw the headline about the browns letting go of Gregg Williams first, and I thought 'wow, browns being smart' then they hire this guy lol

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Dunno for certain, but he was really well liked by the offensive guys in general and especially Baker.

Id imagine there was a concern that he’d get a HC gig next year and they’d be looking for a new OC and would like to keep some continuity with a young QB.

Makes sense. Just a little risky given the direction this team has taken and talent they have. One thing to be a good play caller, now he has to lead top down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Makes sense. Just a little risky given the direction this team has taken and talent they have. One thing to be a good play caller, now he has to lead top down.

Risky for sure.

From what little one can gather from pressers, he seems like a really likeable guy, and he’s got the support of the guy who’s gonna be running the locker room in Baker, so that helps.