Around The League V.2

Totty

16 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

You guys are almost as bad as my wife when I am wrong lol. How many times do I need to say I missed on the niners.

JimmyG isn't the guy. Joe Staley is old and done. MikeM is the only guy worth a damn on that OL. I don't think they have ANY talent at RB, Weak at WR. Shanny is schemeing that offense to be productive. 

The DL is Elite. They have 6 legit players on the DL. Bosa and Buckner are the nastiest DT/DE combo in a long time. I am not big on Warner or Kwon but they are playing good with the DL eating up the blockers. Sherm is old and slow at this point. Witherspoon is a solid CB2. Tartt, Ward, and whoever else they trot out there in the secondary are NFL backups. That DL makes everything go. 

I didn't have confidence in Kyle making Jimmy functional. And didn't think the DL would be this dominant right away. Thats where I missed on them. 

To be fair... Its easy to play defense when you can rush 4 and drop 7 into coverage every play and the QB still has someone in his face 2 seconds after every snap. Saleh isn't doing much schemewise. Just has a really really talented DL. 

Over the course of the next 5 years I think there will be more success in Vegas then Santa Clara. The future is brigther with the Raiders then the niners. 

source.gif

You need a reality check my brother. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Have you watched any of the last five games? Guy has been all over the field impacting the game. That’s a cherry picked stat if I’ve ever seen one. Guy has been electric. 

That stat isn't saying he has been bad. It's saying he has been less productive when asked to play more snaps.

39 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Good luck to the AFC teams who make the playoffs and have to face the Ravens. Don't know how to stop that offense.

The Chiefs are the only team I think have a chance. Because they can score at the blink of an eye and force Baltimore into obvious passing situations. Even then, I wouldn't be surprised to see Lamar prevail. I've never seen a guy improve that fast in one year.

15 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

That stat isn't saying he has been bad. It's saying he has been less productive when asked to play more snaps.

The sacks haven't come recently, but the pressures are still there. Grant Cohn is a known troll that makes a living off of promoting negativity for the 49ers. Bosa was maybe the only standout player against New Orleans. 

This is from PFF heading into the game:

2. EDGE

NICK BOSA, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

Going up against PFF’s highest-graded pass-blocking left tackle, Ronnie Stanley, in Week 13, Bosa had the worst outing of his NFL career, with just one pressure generated and a 45.4 overall grade. Subsequently, Bosa lost his number spot in PFF’s rookie rankings, but the margin between first and second is small, and the margin between second and third is large. On the year, Bosa is still the eighth highest-grade pass-rusher, at 86.9, and owns the second highest pressure rate, at 18.2%, and ninth highest win rate, at 21.4%. Bosa will have a matchup in Week 14 that’ll be just as difficult as last week’s as he goes up against New Orleans’ tackles Terron Armstead and Ryan Ramczyk, who are currently both two of the 10 highest-graded tackles in the NFL.

Edited by PapaShogun

Parker re-signing for 4 yr $40 million is exactly why I want to look into signing Joseph before FA begins.  Could sign him for 70 cents on the dollar if he wants to go to Vegas.  Parker would have received an extra $2-4 million on the open market.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Parker re-signing for 4 yr $40 million is exactly why I want to look into signing Joseph before FA begins.  Could sign him for 70 cents on the dollar if he wants to go to Vegas.  Parker would have received an extra $2-4 million on the open market.

I just don't think Joseph is in our plans Abrams is the future at SS and the plan should be to get a rangy FS type to go with him. Wish we had traded for Minkah Fitzpatrick

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

This