Around The League V.2

Totty

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Bunch of cry babies on here man, you expect these guys to play hard at your convenience? Get real

I could be mistaken but I recall DC throwing what should of been a game ending INT on the final drive so I’ll just blame the butterfinger DB lol

30 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If we didn’t win those meaningless games, we would have him or Williams right now, who could be helping us now and into the future. I’m all for winning when it matters, but it’s not like we were going anywhere anyways...

I understand what you're saying, but rooting for a loss is wrong and unacceptable. This isn't a shot at you, rather it's a shot to anyone who wanted the Raiders to lose. I guess people have forgotten the Raiders mantra of JUST WIN BABY.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

I understand what you're saying, but rooting for a loss is wrong and unacceptable. This isn't a shot at you, rather it's a shot to anyone who wanted the Raiders to lose. I guess people have forgotten the Raiders mantra of JUST WIN BABY.

Last year the game against the Cards I wish we would have lost because we should have and the outcome in the long run appears like it would have been much more beneficial to have lost.  Now I did not think we were going to win this past week but with the team playing the way it is with such a young team I do not care about draft slot because we are moving in a positive direction and building up players on a young team.  I always want more talent but at a certain point in time in becomes more beneficial to build up the talent you have instead of trying to add more talent through better draft picks.  The reason is that the added talents between the 10th pick and 5th is not greater than the stunted growth of the team from having a losing culture.  It is time to start winning and we can still add some talent through the draft and FA.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

This is a terrible take. I’ll take one meaningless loss for Nick Bosa. Please never run a franchise putting selfish motives above the future of the team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

This is a terrible take. I’ll take one meaningless loss for Nick Bosa. Please never run a franchise putting selfish motives above the future of the team. 

A terrible take? Who the hell are you to judge a person's opinion? I guess that's just your way. You think you know everything and always want to be the smartest person in the room. I personally think you're an idiot.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

A terrible take? Who the hell are you to judge a person's opinion? I guess that's just your way. You think you know everything and always want to be the smartest person in the room. I personally think you're an idiot.

Loser mentality.

1 minute ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

You are willing to sacrifice one win for MANY (Nick Bosa would cause a lot more wins) and then you have the NERVE to say Lets Win Baby! Holy s*** I literally can’t tell if you are selfish or stupid. I literally think you are just really stupid. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You are willing to sacrifice one win for MANY (Nick Bosa would cause a lot more wins) and then you have the NERVE to say Lets Win Baby! Holy s*** I literally can’t tell if you are selfish or stupid. I literally think you are just really stupid. 

Nick Bosa won't cause a lot more wins if you think Mack wouldn't.

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

This is why winning one of the next two games after the bye week is important. Sets them up for a shot at a wild card. 

Bills should easily lock up the first wild card spot. Will be a huge letdown if they didn’t. That last spot is WIDE open.

• Like 1

Found this interesting on Walterfootball talking about the Mack trade

Since the trade happened, the media has been roasting Jon Gruden for trading Mack away, but general managers at other teams have told us that Gruden did not have a choice. The reason he had to agree to it is bad contracts that were given out by previous Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie and owner Mark Davis. The Raiders signed Derek Carr to a fair-market contract that has him making more than $20 million per season. But Oakland signed the interior of its offensive line to contracts totaling $30 million annually for Kelechi Osemele, Rodney Hudson and Gabe Jackson. An extension with Mack would average over $20 million a year. So if the Raiders signed him, they would have been on the hook for $70 million dollars per year for just five players on their roster. No team in the NFL can carry that and have the money to address other key positions and depth.

Hence, when Davis said that the Mack trade was his fault, he was telling the truth because he approved those contracts and spending that boxed in Oakland. I know from being a beat writer covering Gruden in Tampa, Gruden would never throw ownership under the bus publicly and is more than willing to take the bullets for an owner he really likes in Davis.

I always thought it was a bit aggressive to invest so heavily in the Oline the way they did. Mainly on Jackson over Mack who was on his rookie deal.