Around The League V.2

Totty

36 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

We have to be intentionally tanking right?

We are bad at business.  Our team is never in position to succeed.  We don't know how to make calls/trades like other teams that are consistently succeeding and contenders.  It sucks.  I can't remember the last time we traded for a player mid season that could potentially elevate our team.  Not without giving up an arm and a leg anyway.

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

didn't he convert to guard so his arm length isn't an issue? Arm Length is kinda a big deal 

We'd still have a Guard. 

Leatherwood sucked and should never have been picked. 

I'll take a G over a 5th string caliber RT every single day.

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

We'd still have a Guard. 

Leatherwood sucked and should never have been picked. 

I'll take a G over a 5th string caliber RT every single day.

I remember banging the table for a trade up Micah Parsons. In hindsight, he was worth the farm

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I remember banging the table for a trade up Micah Parsons. In hindsight, he was worth the farm

Good call.  Called him a cornerstone.  You got it right.

I'm listening to a lecture on YouTube and thought I'd look up your post while I listen to this nerd for a couple of hours.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FloydFan said:

We have to be intentionally tanking right?

As much as I think Mark Davis could see the benefits of a tank job, good luck selling that to guys like Adams and Crosby, who are the most important guys in the locker room.

Also, it makes no sense for McDaniels to tank when it probably means he loses his job. Even if Mark Davis has told Josh he'd keep his job no matter what happens this season, optically it looks incredibly bad if we finish 2-15 and retain him. So Josh/Ziegler don't really have a reason to tank either.

Nope, unfortunately I think we're just that bad.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Taylor just got a bag win for rbs

The Colts refused to extend him, placed him on the PUP, started the season with one of the best run games in the league w/o Taylor, then decided to give him top dollar.

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Colts refused to extend him, placed him on the PUP, started the season with one of the best run games in the league w/o Taylor, then decided to give him top dollar.

It's only 14 a year, the guaranteed money tells me they can get out after 2 years.

Anyone look at the NFL 506 this week.  The NFL sure likes to play games with what fanbase gets to see what games.  More than half the country, Illinois westward, gets to watch Ravens vs Steelers except Fresno that gets the Saints.  Normally I would not care but this just shows that for decades they were trying to keep the Raiders out of the LA market even when LA had no team and their TV rules stated that the Raiders should have been shown in LA.

On 10/4/2023 at 12:31 PM, Darbsk said:

Such a shame, he was playing really well.

Just watched the Pats v Cowboys and Mac Jones is basically an ugly Garoppolo, they are really struggling to get anything going too.

He was doing good. All it is gonna do is help Patriots tank