Around The League V.2

Totty

15 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Also, as much as people dislike Carr, he was the primary reason for having a top offence in the first place in 2016. Carrs injury, fall in confidence and inept coordinating from Downing are all contributing factors to why we didn’t reenact that in 2017. To blame it wholly on Carr is immature and incorrect.

Hope I haven’t opened another Carr can of worms now 😁

No! Musgrave was, when Musgrave was hired he improved this offense in the 2 years he was here top 6 in 2016. Then instead of paying him. They replaced him with Downing who sucked and also kept Ken Nortan jr. as DC who sucked. They did everything backwards and JMD got fired because of it.

• Like 1

For all the credit people give Mcvay, his offense fell flat in the 2H. As well as poor game management with burning all his 2H timeouts before the last possession 

Punted on 4th and 14 with 4 minutes left 

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, raidr4life said:

No! Musgrave was, when Musgrave was hired he improved this offense in the 2 years he was here top 6 in 2016. Then instead of paying him. They replaced him with Downing who sucked and also kept Ken Nortan jr. as DC who sucked. They did everything backwards and JMD got fired because of it.

Now, I do agree on Musgrave. I was one of the few who liked Musgrave and was reserved on Ken Norton when they were both hired. I do remember Norton being hyped up coming from the Seahawks system. 

Musgrave was astute at handling Carr and getting the most out of him. That was a big mistake to dump him and keep KNJ.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Now, I do agree on Musgrave. I was one of the few who liked Musgrave and was reserved on Ken Norton when they were both hired. I do remember Norton being hyped up coming from the Seahawks system. 

Musgrave was astute at handling Carr and getting the most out of him. That was a big mistake to dump him and keep KNJ.

Yeah people were hating on Musgrave, but at that time I was excited to see what he can do with Carr, if you remember he came from Philly when Chip Kelley was lighting up the league briefly. So I was excited for Musgrave to bring some of those concepts mixed with his own. And after a top 6 finish on offense I was ready for the 3rd year under Musgrave then they did the dumb stuff. With the offense now improved everybody was ready to fire KNJ but they did it all backwards.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Yeah people were hating on Musgrave, but at that time I was excited to see what he can do with Carr, if you remember he came from Philly when Chip Kelley was lighting up the league briefly. So I was excited for Musgrave to bring some of those concepts mixed with his own. And after a top 6 finish on offense I was ready for the 3rd year under Musgrave then they did the dumb stuff. With the offense now improved everybody was ready to fire KNJ but they did it all backwards.

Yeh, it was so obvious! Also why I quite like the current Kelly and Pierce regime if I’m honest, we’ve not often done the obvious, simple moves and it’s backfired in the past and they seem to just be going the obvious stuff like benching Garoppolo, signing the obvious guy in Jack Jones, cutting the obvious guy in Peters, starting Malcom Koonce which was obvious.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh, it was so obvious! Also why I quite like the current Kelly and Pierce regime if I’m honest, we’ve not often done the obvious, simple moves and it’s backfired in the past and they seem to just be going the obvious stuff like benching Garoppolo, signing the obvious guy in Jack Jones, cutting the obvious guy in Peters, starting Malcom Koonce which was obvious.  

Pierce is my 6th option 

1. Ben Johnson 

2. Harbaugh 

3. Bobby Slowik

4. Joe Brady

5. Mike Macdonald

6. Pierce

Edited by Humble_Beast

12 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I've maintained Musgrave was the best OC for Carr. He kept Carr accountable and made sure things were done the way he wanted them. Once they moved to Carr's buddy Downing, Carr was "free" in a sense, but he's not the type QB to take control of the situation. Gruden reigned him back in some, but his sense of entitlement for what he wanted imbedded itself post Musgrave and he's never really gotten back to that guy he was with Musgrave. 

23 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

For all the credit people give Mcvay, his offense fell flat in the 2H. As well as poor game management with burning all his 2H timeouts before the last possession 

Punted on 4th and 14 with 4 minutes left 

FLkkhVRVkAMYbEH.jpg:large

Man has as many Super Bowl appearances as Dan Campbell has winning seasons.

The Rams were projected to be terrible this year and had unhearleded guys like Puka and Kyren absolutely balling.

They would've won that game too if there wasn't home cooking from the refs and like 3 blantantly missed PI's that swung the entire game in Detroit's direction.

Edited by NYRaider

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I've maintained Musgrave was the best OC for Carr. He kept Carr accountable and made sure things were done the way he wanted them. Once they moved to Carr's buddy Downing, Carr was "free" in a sense, but he's not the type QB to take control of the situation. Gruden reigned him back in some, but his sense of entitlement for what he wanted imbedded itself post Musgrave and he's never really gotten back to that guy he was with Musgrave. 

Carr endorsed the move to appease the HC. I don’t think he wanted to get rid of Musgrave. I think Del Rio and KNJ were buddies and Musgrave was the odd man out. That’s how it all looked to me. If Del Rio had any sense of what was working he would’ve kept Musgrave and fired KNJ. So if you want to talk about who was calling the shots and who made the mistake of moving on from Musgrave point at the HC who is in charge of his staff, not Carr who was just trying to be positive in the situation like he always is. Everybody acts like Carr made the OC change instead of Del Rio. Just people finding as many reasons to hate Carr as possible. I know he’s an average QB but man is it annoying to see these weird narratives.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Eagles lol.

I still remember David Carr saying they should bench Hurts to get him healthy. They had the playoffs clinched in like week 12. They should have sat their starters and just prepped for the playoffs. 

Also, they should fire their OC. And get some speed in the defensive backfield. They’re old and slow.

I feel bad for Jason Kelce but at least he already got a SB.

• Like 1

Has anyone addressed the fact that Jalen Carter has done squat since October? So much for that all pro as a rookie talk. His effort has been abysmal lately which happened at times at Georgia. 

Don't get it twisted, he's a stud but man people were crowning him the next John Randal earlier this year. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Jerry said:

Carr endorsed the move to appease the HC. I don’t think he wanted to get rid of Musgrave. I think Del Rio and KNJ were buddies and Musgrave was the odd man out. That’s how it all looked to me. If Del Rio had any sense of what was working he would’ve kept Musgrave and fired KNJ. So if you want to talk about who was calling the shots and who made the mistake of moving on from Musgrave point at the HC who is in charge of his staff, not Carr who was just trying to be positive in the situation like he always is. Everybody acts like Carr made the OC change instead of Del Rio. Just people finding as many reasons to hate Carr as possible. I know he’s an average QB but man is it annoying to see these weird narratives.

You know... not everything has to be read into as "reasons to hate Carr" I'm simply recounting the time in history. 

It was 100% JDR's decision to move on and he deserved to loose the job because of it. He panicked at the thought of Downing leaving to an OC gig. But Carr was instrumental in that as well, not wanting to lose Downing.

Be it the injury, the OC change, etc. Carr never grew off that 2016 season.

• Like 1