Around The League V.2

Totty

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Rams are going to be so good, the gap between Goff and Stafford showed tonight. He might pass for 5,500 yards and 50 TD.

They need to establish the run more. Henderson runs with some conviction. I expect to see more of it when not facing Chicago's pretty stout run D.

That said, Morris' D looks like that all year, Stafford might hit 6000 yards out of pure necessity lol

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Fields ability to be a threat with his legs and be effective in RPO's changes the entire way the defense plays. We saw it last season when Mariota had to step in and when Hurts took over in Philadelphia. 

A td is a td some people would rather a qb not score if it’s not a td pass. As a defensive coordinator the hardest offensive weapon to contain is a running qb cause then it makes it 11 on 11. 

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

A td is a td some people would rather a qb not score if it’s not a td pass. As a defensive coordinator the hardest offensive weapon to contain is a running qb cause then it makes it 11 on 11. 

Did you see the chiefs game they pulled Pat out of the game and put in a back up to run. 

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Fields ability to be a threat with his legs and be effective in RPO's changes the entire way the defense plays. We saw it last season when Mariota had to step in and when Hurts took over in Philadelphia. 

There's a reason why Mariota doesn't start every game and why he lost his job despite being picked second overall.  Because of the difference between doing that in the red zone for one play or that style working for one game and having to do that weekend and week out play in and play out. That's why Terrell Pryor isn't an nfl quarterback. 

(I love running quarterbacks by the way)

On 9/13/2021 at 7:42 AM, ronjon1990 said:

They need to establish the run more. Henderson runs with some conviction. I expect to see more of it when not facing Chicago's pretty stout run D.

That said, Morris' D looks like that all year, Stafford might hit 6000 yards out of pure necessity lol

I feel like they’re afraid he’s going to get hurt

On 9/13/2021 at 7:42 AM, ronjon1990 said:

On 9/14/2021 at 2:56 PM, Jeremy408 said:

I feel like they’re afraid he’s going to get hurt

I think the Rams will have more balance as the season goes on and Sony Michell is more familiar with the playbook. The Rams were 10th in rushing yards last season and their leading rusher only had 600 yards. 

And the Rams defense will be fine, they shut down the Bears passing game and only allowed 14 points. Montgomery had a good game but he's one of the better backs in the league and 55/108 yards came on his first 2 carries, the rest of the game he had 14 carries for 54 yards.