Around The League V.2

Totty

9 hours ago, Geezy said:

making it look easy smfh, and to think we passed on JJ and Darrisaw for what has amounted to absolutely nothing. 

They were both my picks in the Me vs Mayock threads.  Now Darrisaw was playing LT so no telling how he would have been on the right side.

3 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

Watching grudock ignore value charts and reach in the first rnd alone was enough to make a grown man cry, I wanted to throw a brick at my tv last year. Lol!

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

My draft was the oc and lb kc got plus brown who is locking down buffs rt

Our drafting has been ridiculously bad.  We had one good year in rounds 1-3 in decades while that majority of posters in here have had multiple good years since I started the Me vs whoever.  It is sad that so many highly paid people can not get it right but a bunch of guys that would volunteer for free just to be in the draft room blow them away.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Our drafting has been ridiculously bad.  We had one good year in rounds 1-3 in decades while that majority of posters in here have had multiple good years since I started the Me vs whoever.  It is sad that so many highly paid people can not get it right but a bunch of guys that would volunteer for free just to be in the draft room blow them away.

Volunteer? 

Hell, I'd PAY to be in there lol

• Like 3

I don't think there's any need to hit the panic button just yet. I've watched over the last couple days the Dolphins v Pats, the Vikings v Packers, Broncos v Seahawks and Buccs v Cowboys and our game of course.

I don't think any of those teams looked particularly sharp or good - Miami and New England were both awful, Denver, Seattle and Dallas all looked pretty disjointed and even Green Bay were scrabbling with Rodgers holding the ball way too long and guys dropping balls right left and centre. Darrisaw looked real good for the Vikings 😢 and to be fair (I know this is going to sound crazy) but Geno Smith looked good so what does that tell us about the Denver D. We played our worst game against San Diego Los Angeles and we still nearly won by accident so I'm still hopeful.

If we can clean up some of the pass protection breakdowns and Carr dials in his radar then I think we'll be all right this year. We're not going to the Superbowl but we should be a real bad matchup for some teams. 

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Or the hr3 year when I had my best mock ever with aj, Jeff, clay pool and hurts

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I don't think there's any need to hit the panic button just yet. I've watched over the last couple days the Dolphins v Pats, the Vikings v Packers, Broncos v Seahawks and Buccs v Cowboys and our game of course.

I don't think any of those teams looked particularly sharp or good - Miami and New England were both awful, Denver, Seattle and Dallas all looked pretty disjointed and even Green Bay were scrabbling with Rodgers holding the ball way too long and guys dropping balls right left and centre. Darrisaw looked real good for the Vikings 😢 and to be fair (I know this is going to sound crazy) but Geno Smith looked good so what does that tell us about the Denver D. We played our worst game against San Diego Los Angeles and we still nearly won by accident so I'm still hopeful.

If we can clean up some of the pass protection breakdowns and Carr dials in his radar then I think we'll be all right this year. We're not going to the Superbowl but we should be a real bad matchup for some teams. 

You're right, Carr always bounces back. The INTs were the killer. I know some of that was because of the pressure but Carr should of played better and he probably will this week.

The only first rounder I was ok with in the gruden era was jacobs.

miller has turned out ok but I really wanted vea that year.

next year I tried to get behind Ferrell but I would’ve ran to the podium for Allen.

wanted adderly instead of abram.

wanted cd, got hr3.....smh.

arnette? Nope, if I was forced to take a cb it would’ve been Johnson. 
thought for sure we’d take darrisaw..... smh x2.

not all those guys are pro bowlers but definitely better than the garbage we reached for.  But it’s not just gruden and we all know that. Hell, too many to waste time listing......sad but true. Hopefully we get better results but I’ll believe it only when I see it. 

50 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

The only first rounder I was ok with in the gruden era was jacobs.

miller has turned out ok but I really wanted vea that year.

next year I tried to get behind Ferrell but I would’ve ran to the podium for Allen.

wanted adderly instead of abram.

wanted cd, got hr3.....smh.

arnette? Nope, if I was forced to take a cb it would’ve been Johnson. 
thought for sure we’d take darrisaw..... smh x2.

not all those guys are pro bowlers but definitely better than the garbage we reached for.  But it’s not just gruden and we all know that. Hell, too many to waste time listing......sad but true. Hopefully we get better results but I’ll believe it only when I see it. 

2018 - Minkah Fitzpatrick (No trade)

2019 - Devin White, Montez Sweat, and Greedy Williams

2020 - Javon Kinlaw, Justin Jefferson

2021 - Christian Darrisaw

9 hours ago, Darbsk said:

A lot of change throughout the NFL with new coaching staffs, QBs switching teams, and top tier WRs switching teams as well. It was disappointing that we lost but we had a chance to win with 2 minutes left despite how poorly the offense played at times. 

• Like 1