Around The League V.2

Totty

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

A lot of change throughout the NFL with new coaching staffs, QBs switching teams, and top tier WRs switching teams as well. It was disappointing that we lost but we had a chance to win with 2 minutes left despite how poorly the offense played at times. 

I agree with being optimistic when your team plays poorly because of some bad bounces and unfortunate circumstances but we had the injury advantage and the TOs where bad plays not bad luck.  We played like crap and Carr looked like he had money on the Chargers.  What we suspected would be problems turned out to be problems.  That means we have problems with very little ability to fix them.  Better hope we can develop Parham and Munford real quick and hope Simpson realizes these games count.  Carr already looks shook and from how he was talking at the press conference he is going to be really conservative going forward.  If we are flat against the Cards and lose I think this teams confidence is gone.  It is early but just the way I see it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I agree with being optimistic when your team plays poorly because of some bad bounces and unfortunate circumstances but we had the injury advantage and the TOs where bad plays not bad luck.  We played like crap and Carr looked like he had money on the Chargers.  What we suspected would be problems turned out to be problems.  That means we have problems with very little ability to fix them.  Better hope we can develop Parham and Munford real quick and hope Simpson realizes these games count.  Carr already looks shook and from how he was talking at the press conference he is going to be really conservative going forward.  If we are flat against the Cards and lose I think this teams confidence is gone.  It is early but just the way I see it.

Our offensive flow and timing looked off which is to be expected with a new system considering none of our starters played in the preseason. I think McDaniels will adjust and do a better job of using the running game/screen passes to keep opposing pass rushes off balance. We're also not going to play against two All-Pro edge guys every week. 

We definitely need to get a win this weekend though.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Carr usually starts out hot then kinda tanks around mid season….he’s already in mid season form and that’s not good.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

A lot of change throughout the NFL with new coaching staffs, QBs switching teams, and top tier WRs switching teams as well. It was disappointing that we lost but we had a chance to win with 2 minutes left despite how poorly the offense played at times. 

Yep, exactly. I can’t imagine Carr playing much worse tbh and we still could have won. Defence showed signs of life which is hugely encouraging, coverage was pretty good, run defence was good too, for all that Herbert is an un-sackable phenom we kept them all in check comfortably in the second half too. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Maybe our oline isn't as bad as people was making then out to be. Mahommes been pressured alot tonight. 

Both lines are absolutely nasty. 

While I've admitted I didn't watch the game too closely but we played them tough in their building. This game makes me feel a little better about what I did see. Samuel looks like an talent we're going to have to deal with for a while, unfortunately. 

Watching this game, I'm optimistic. 

If we didn't have back breaking mistakes last week, we easily beat LA. 2 of Carr's interceptions could've easily been TDs, and he missed another. 

Sucks, but if we clean it up and can show it was largely due to rust and sitting the preseason, it's pretty clear we can hang in there with the AFC's best. 

We've got the talent- despite some big holes- now we just need the efficiency that should hopefully come. 

• Like 7