Around The League V.2

Totty

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

PFF article said Carr had zero big time throws and 1 TO worthy throw.  Exactly what I was afraid of after he said in the presser after week 1 about him being to aggressive.  He needs some aggression and fire.

agreed, I'm ok with the throw to Adams deep, just throw it! 

other too weren't aggressive as much as just bad decisions imo. 

i love when carr gets in rhythm and slings it. I think new offense taking him little longer maybe? doesnt look like last few years or no thinking just throwing. 

4 minutes ago, roi34 said:

agreed, I'm ok with the throw to Adams deep, just throw it! 

other too weren't aggressive as much as just bad decisions imo. 

i love when carr gets in rhythm and slings it. I think new offense taking him little longer maybe? doesnt look like last few years or no thinking just throwing. 

Now I am not saying Carr is mentally challenged but he is not very smart.  20 on the wonderlic is not difficult but maybe he is just not a good test taker and the pressure got to him.

11 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Now I am not saying Carr is mentally challenged but he is not very smart.  20 on the wonderlic is not difficult but maybe he is just not a good test taker and the pressure got to him.

eh, Wonderlic isnt a great indicator. 20 is plenty.  Hes learned so many damn systems while hes been here.. but he just seems like a guy who gets comfortable in a system and then plays way better. when he isnt, he becomes hesistant and scared to make mistakes.

with waller and adams he needs to attack in that 20-35 yard range more

Edited by roi34

7 minutes ago, roi34 said:

eh, Wonderlic isnt a great indicator. 20 is plenty.  Hes learned so many damn systems while hes been here.. but he just seems like a guy who gets comfortable in a system and then plays way better. when he isnt, he becomes hesistant and scared to make mistakes.

with waller and adams he needs to attack in that 20-35 yard range more

Wonderlic of 20 is probably close to the average intelligence in the general population.  It takes him a while to learn a system.  1 offseason is not enough for him.  Him needing to understand the system to be confident is going to hold us back this year.  He needs to go out and just play in a high tempo offense where he is not thinking as much.  I have said this for years about him and here we are doing it again.

28 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Wonderlic of 20 is probably close to the average intelligence in the general population.  It takes him a while to learn a system.  1 offseason is not enough for him.  Him needing to understand the system to be confident is going to hold us back this year.  He needs to go out and just play in a high tempo offense where he is not thinking as much.  I have said this for years about him and here we are doing it again.

agreed, hurry up, sling it

45 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Josh Allen might be the best player in the league. Bills look like far and away the best team.

Jalen Hurts doesn't look too bad either right now.

These newer age QBs can do a little bit of everything. Being able to move and make oft scheduled plays is becoming almost a requirement. 

This is the biggest thing that limits the ceiling on QB’s like Carr, Cousins, and Goff. If a play doesn’t go according to plan they essentially become sitting ducks. 

• Like 2

On 9/19/2022 at 6:50 PM, SilverNBlackFan said:

Josh Allen might be the best player in the league. Bills look like far and away the best team.

Jalen Hurts doesn't look too bad either right now.

These newer age QBs can do a little bit of everything. Being able to move and make oft scheduled plays is becoming almost a requirement. 

Tell that to Tom Brady and his 7 rings.  Is being able to run a nice luxury, sure it is but give me a pocket passing QB who truly understands the nuances of the position rather than an athlete trying to play the position like Lamar.  Mobility is a nice feature but by no means is it a requirement.