Around The League V.2

Totty

9 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Lol we have the 3rd maybe 4th best qb in the div

carr can’t make these throws

Is that really even necessarily a bad thing? Mahomes and Herbert might well be 2 of the top 4 QBs in the league. If Wilson is still better than Carr, he's going to be somewhere in the top 7-8. 

In a division where all 4 starting QBs are in the top 10-12 in the league, even being 4th isn't exactly a sleight. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Is that really even necessarily a bad thing? Mahomes and Herbert might well be 2 of the top 4 QBs in the league. If Wilson is still better than Carr, he's going to be somewhere in the top 7-8. 

In a division where all 4 starting QBs are in the top 10-12 in the league, even being 4th isn't exactly a sleight. 

3/4 QBs are making over $40 million/year and the only reason Herbert isn't is bc he's on a rookie deal. Some people aren't meant to be taken seriously. I might be one of those people but ncough always has been

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

3/4 QBs are making over $40 million/year and the only reason Herbert isn't is bc he's on a rookie deal. Some people aren't meant to be taken seriously. I might be one of those people but ncough always has been

It's just pedantic. 

Most lists last year had Mahomes, Rodgers, and Wilson in the top 5. There's 3 Superbowl between the 3 of them over a 18 year span. Mahomes may very well never win another (Rodgers doesn't look likely to, Brees never got to another, etc). 

Brady playing in the Superbowl seemingly every other year throws things off, but he's hardly been the sexy top of the list QB for a few years now. Minus the Brady anomaly we'll almost certainly never see again in our lifetimes, if ever, top 5 QBs haven't exactly brought home the hardware at an exceptional pace. 

Old Man Manning, Foles, Stafford....guys who got to the game like Burrow, Jimmy G, etc haven't been appreciably better than Carr given context and circumstance. Stafford was pretty much the 3rd best QB in his division last year by most people"s standards (aka: the love affair with Wilson and Murray). Manning was arguably the worst in his division that year. Foles was probably the 5th best his year. Burrow was 2nd and that's only by virtue of beating Mayfield and the corpse of Big Ben. 

Newton was never seen as superior to Brees or Ryan on an annual basis. Goff was 2nd best, and again, that's not saying a whole lot. Flacco? Smith and Kaepernick? Eli? 

That's 10 years worth of Superbowl appearances littered with a lot of guys who weren't top 5 or even the best in their division. 

Being a top 5 QB doesn't guarantee a Superbowl appearance any more than being middling. 

And on top of that, looking league wide, 4th in the AFCW is no worse than 2nd in virtually every other division. 

Jared "the Afterthought" Goff has more Superbowl appearances than MVP Lamar, Josh Allen, Justin Herbert, and Kyler Murray COMBINED, but yeah, tell me how a top tier QB is required to make a Superbowl run. 

The obsession with QB rankings is fantasy football nonsense, but people act like having the top QB in the league means Superbowl inevitable. Really? Then why did Rodgers go over a decade without sniffing another? Why doesn't Mahomes have 3 by now? Nonsense and box score scouting at the finest, imo. And a meaningless dig for the sake of it. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Herbert heart was always questioned coming out of college. dudes got guts 

Eh?!?!?!? He could have walked for a first down and he threw it away because he had a bad belly. Not sure what you're seeing? Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Also, how did anyone manage to touch him in the first place with his Jedi-like pocket awareness?? 

4 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

It's just pedantic. 

Most lists last year had Mahomes, Rodgers, and Wilson in the top 5. There's 3 Superbowl between the 3 of them over a 18 year span. Mahomes may very well never win another (Rodgers doesn't look likely to, Brees never got to another, etc). 

Brady playing in the Superbowl seemingly every other year throws things off, but he's hardly been the sexy top of the list QB for a few years now. Minus the Brady anomaly we'll almost certainly never see again in our lifetimes, if ever, top 5 QBs haven't exactly brought home the hardware at an exceptional pace. 

Old Man Manning, Foles, Stafford....guys who got to the game like Burrow, Jimmy G, etc haven't been appreciably better than Carr given context and circumstance. Stafford was pretty much the 3rd best QB in his division last year by most people"s standards (aka: the love affair with Wilson and Murray). Manning was arguably the worst in his division that year. Foles was probably the 5th best his year. Burrow was 2nd and that's only by virtue of beating Mayfield and the corpse of Big Ben. 

Newton was never seen as superior to Brees or Ryan on an annual basis. Goff was 2nd best, and again, that's not saying a whole lot. Flacco? Smith and Kaepernick? Eli? 

That's 10 years worth of Superbowl appearances littered with a lot of guys who weren't top 5 or even the best in their division. 

Being a top 5 QB doesn't guarantee a Superbowl appearance any more than being middling. 

And on top of that, looking league wide, 4th in the AFCW is no worse than 2nd in virtually every other division. 

Jared "the Afterthought" Goff has more Superbowl appearances than MVP Lamar, Josh Allen, Justin Herbert, and Kyler Murray COMBINED, but yeah, tell me how a top tier QB is required to make a Superbowl run. 

The obsession with QB rankings is fantasy football nonsense, but people act like having the top QB in the league means Superbowl inevitable. Really? Then why did Rodgers go over a decade without sniffing another? Why doesn't Mahomes have 3 by now? Nonsense and box score scouting at the finest, imo. And a meaningless dig for the sake of it. 

What's with all this crazy talk.........using logic and facts??? That'll get you nowhere here my friend 😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Not a bad thing unless you’re trying to go to the playoffs or compete in the afc west 

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Eh?!?!?!? He could have walked for a first down and he threw it away because he had a bad belly. Not sure what you're seeing? Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Also, how did anyone manage to touch him in the first place with his Jedi-like pocket awareness?? 

Belly? Or ribs he could barely throw that last drive. 

You’re Not sure what I’m seeing but you saw he had a bad belly? Seriously 😐 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

6 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Roi is absolutely right. Mahomes played pretty poorly tonight but anything you can to take a dig at Carr. You're a clown lol. 

Lol you’re the same ole pathetic jtagg Lol if you call that game playing pretty poor what do you call Carr’s performance? 

5 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

It's just pedantic. 

I just watched games and compare positional play. The qb position I just see other qbs doing things our qb isn’t  I guess I’m the only one who sees that.  

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Belly? Or ribs he could barely throw that last drive. 

You’re Not sure what I’m seeing but you saw he had a bad belly? Seriously 😐 

He had an X-ray and came back into the game……so it seems like it was just a bad belly 😄

Anyway, it was more about the fact he ran a little, obviously felt something then threw the ball away with about ten yards of clear space in front of him to get the first down. Carr would have been a meme and lampooned for that! Get the first down then slide and get it checked out. That was pathetic.

10 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Maybe our oline isn't as bad as people was making then out to be. Mahommes been pressured alot tonight. 

Been saying this all week. There were some bad sequences, but the Oline did not play as bad as it looked. Carr took unnecessary sacks. RBs missed blitz pickups. And the left side was the issue. Miller shoudl bounce back. 

Chargers have Mack, Bosa, some beef in the interior and James the jack of all trades who create problems.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, roi34 said:

mahomes prob could have thrown 4-5 ints tonight. what game u watching? honestly mahomes hasnt looked great

The impact of losing Tyreek Hill will be interesting to see play out this season. He looked lost without that element against a strong defense last night. 

I often wonder what Mahomes would be without Andy Reid. Do people recall Donovan McNabb left Andy Reid and the Eagles how pedestrian he became?

I think Mahomes has freaky arm talent. But I also don't think he reads defenses well. Makes a lot of dumb throws and as you said, easily could have had 4-5 picks last night. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

He had an X-ray and came back into the game……so it seems like it was just a bad belly 😄

Anyway, it was more about the fact he ran a little, obviously felt something then threw the ball away with about ten yards of clear space in front of him to get the first down. Carr would have been a meme and lampooned for that! Get the first down then slide and get it checked out. That was pathetic.

Two things:

1) If Carr made that throw he made on 4th down, nobody would care either. Carr gets memed because he has a reputation as being shaky and doing dumb things. 

2) Maybe he was in pain and didn't want to risk taking another shot running be it open or not. It was odd, but to act like Herbert calling the dude pathetic after taking a beating from the pocket delivering strikes all night is misguided. 

I agree, great athlete with a superb arm, but yes, it does seem like his processing isn’t like Brady or Manning. And anybody who doesn’t think Reid is one of the best if not the best playcallers of the last 25 yrs is either a fool or willfully ignorant. Hated when the chefs hired him. 

• Like 3