Around The League V.2

Totty

5 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

"A bit bias" is generous lol but you're a much more reasonable poster than I am. I would say it's "useless" when talking about the QB position. Others, sure, valid point. Carr absolutely has his faults and there's no questioning that. He's good enough to win with but a lot his detractors will use the most corny points to denounce him. I touched on that earlier though. 

Your last statement is very reasonable and I definitely agree. This was Carr's first game in a new system with never playing in the preseason which, IMO, was a huge mistake. We still completed against one of the best teams in the league and I expect improvement as the year goes on. Just want to get back in those playoffs and give us another chance..... Hopefully not in 20 degree weather lol. Holy **** that was a cold game to be at. I've sworn off going to games that cold again....... but if they make it back and wind up playing in Cincy, I'll probably be right back there lol

I remember early in Carr's career there were posters who didn't like him because he wasn't the kind of guy they couldn't see themselves having a beer with him. Too squeaky clean for some people for a franchise that had a QB like Stabler. He's not a Tebow's level but many didn't like him because something seems 'off' when a person is squeaky clean and has strong religious beliefs. I could care less but I understand it. Personally I don't want my QB drinking, partying and enjoying life during the season. I want him OBSESSED, FOCUSED and HUNGRY to WIN! Drink after winning it all and take two weeks off to relax and enjoy it. Then...have a burning desire that 1 is NOT ENOUGH!!! Thank you sir may I have another...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, G said:

I remember early in Carr's career there were posters who didn't like him because he wasn't the kind of guy they couldn't see themselves having a beer with him. Too squeaky clean for some people for a franchise that had a QB like Stabler. He's not a Tebow's level but many didn't like him because something seems 'off' when a person is squeaky clean and has strong religious beliefs. I could care less but I understand it. Personally I don't want my QB drinking, partying and enjoying life during the season. I want him OBSESSED, FOCUSED and HUNGRY to WIN! Drink after winning it all and take two weeks off to relax and enjoy it. Then...have a burning desire that 1 is NOT ENOUGH!!! Thank you sir may I have another...

Yeah, people seem to have this "type" of QB that they want and some of it is ok but what you just said is kinda silly lol. "Couldn't see themselves having a beer with him" lol. Carr is a competitor, determined, loves this team and wants to win. Anything else, pertaining to character, is just silly IMO. He has the talent and now a great supporting cast. Hoping to see improvement from last week, this week, and continue to build off of that. Still upset he didn't play in the preseason. Those snaps would've been very beneficial

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, G said:

I think we all have our bias. Though I might view Cough's thoughts on Carr to be a bit bias (Carr has his issues so he does have good reason to have the bias) I've always liked his (Cough's) drafting thoughts, Oline and DB thoughts. Even yourself Bobby P. (Can't say BP because that's another poster lol) will have great comments to be taken seriously and other times it's just bickering with another who disagrees with you. I 'iggy' a few posters that sound like broken records in the off season but once pre-season starts I take them off iggy because they also have excellent viewpoints on certain subjects but get stuck in an OCD loop that gets annoying when we're not WINNING! As a franchise with a history of winning we don't like the losing and get overly critical. It's probably why I've always backed Carr. Even with his issues the guy cares about being a Raider and bringing back the winning culture. Carr and Mack were the start of that and Gruden messed that up so now it's up to McDaniels to right the ship. 

I value both yours and Cough's thoughts and I like it when I get a differing viewpoint to make sure I'm not stuck in an echo chamber. 😃

Oh and another reason why I like Carr so much is I'm 51 and seen a LOT of HOT GARBAGE QB's come and go. Would rather have a top 15 guy who sometimes looks top 10 and sometimes has horrible games. Even when he folds like a folding chair AVAILABILITY is the #1 Ability in the NFL. Had he got pulled in 2016 before the injury I 100% believe the Oakland Raiders went to the Super Bowl and probably won it. Then 2017 would have played out totally differently.

I just call it how “I” see it. We’ve seen almost a decade of carr good bad and ugly. When he does good I give him his props but when he doesn’t play good I’m not gonna sit here and lie. 

people may or may not like what I say but it’s the truth. If I’m lying someone will definitely check me here and I have no problem admitting being wrong.

for example people didn’t like how I criticize waller for not being a complete te cause hes not very good at blocking. But it’s the truth

or me criticizing jacobs for being fragile and lacking speed

or leatherwood sucking from day 1. 

or most recently criticizing maxx for not getting sacks

Ive learned people only trip when you don’t agree with what they believe in.  Most here are cool and mature about it agree to disagree etc etc I’ve had huge debates with bp and others that remain professional 

Then there’s immature people like jtagg who have to turn to name calling every time and try to play tough guy. I think we all know people like that in real life.

I’m just here to talk football not make fun of people. I’ve been called more names from jtagg than I receive in real life. But the mods allow it so it is what it is. Imagine what the mods would do to me if I started calling posters demeaning names lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Herbert's rookie supporting cast exceeds Carr's best overall supporting cast, too. 

QBs aren't the only players on the field. 

You watch both players and tell me who is better?  Whether Carr can make the same throws or not does not matter because Carr does not make the throws as often as he should (had to correct myself on this point).  Supporting cast does help but Herbert's surrounding players are not helping him enough to make up the difference.  The kid just has something Carr does not.  I hope he he plays better but to say he was to aggressive when he just missed the throws is an excuse.  Did anybody say Carr was to aggressive when he was overthrowing Ruggs when he got behind the defense?  No, everyone was just saying they needed time to get on the same page.  The same is what should be said about last week only that Carr made the rookie mistakes of underthrowing the balls which allowed them to be intercepted.  Not saying that Carr is a bad QB but Herbert is going to move into the elite status this year most likely and it is not because of his surrounding cast.

Edited by drfrey13

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Ive learned people only trip when you don’t agree with what they believe in.  

Been learning this lesson this past decade or so in a LOT of areas in life. 

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’m just here to talk football not make fun of people. I’ve been called more names from jtagg than I receive in real life. But the mods allow it so it is what it is. Imagine what the mods would do to me if I started calling posters demeaning names lol

Edit.

Sorry, I shouldn't make fun of people trying to play the victim. Poor guy

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

2 minutes ago, roi34 said:

watching other teams make big plays depresses me. Carr made more plays down field with gruden so far .. sigh

PFF article said Carr had zero big time throws and 1 TO worthy throw.  Exactly what I was afraid of after he said in the presser after week 1 about him being to aggressive.  He needs some aggression and fire.