NFC Championship: Rams vs. Saints

DigInBoys

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Nope, I'm thinking more like 300+, actually. 

Who, exactly, are the Saints going to use to stop the run? Their best run defender is out. If they indeed "sell out and stop the run", no chance on God's green earth they stop Goff, Woods, Cooks, etc. They didn't HAVE to sell out and stop the run yesterday, which is why Philadelphia lost. 

Also, and again, I love me some Nick Foles, but dude was tossing some lobs that looked more like punts yesterday. 

Regardless, the Rams O >>> Eagles O as of yesterday and it isn't even remotely close. 

People said the same thing about the Rams until yesterday... and they did a great job containing Zeke after having not so good of a run defense all year. 

Teams and Defenses adjust each game, and the Saints are going to put there CB on a island, and stop the run. Just have to see if Goff can do it, but I don't personally see the Rams having a huge running day again.

10 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Who you got baby?,

Saints but 50/50 game. Depends what Saints show up. Will it be the dominant Saints team or that weird no-show game they have sometimes? Cowboys, Panthers, looked not so great vs Eagles (still good though). Rams haven’t looked bad even in losses except for that Bear game. It’s a well oiled machine with no hiccup games. 

So it depends what Saints we get...but im gonna assume we get that dominant Saints team and they win this one by a FG 36-33. 

1 minute ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Well we saw that happen when the Eagles played the Rams... Goff struggled. Let's say if McVay can do things differently this time.

If only the Eagles and Rams were playing then?

Drew Brees struggled for a good bit yesterday as well. It isn't like the Eagles have a bad secondary, much less a bad overall D. In fact, that's far from being the case. 

But Goff isn't playing a stout Eagles D that also rendered Mark Ingram ineffective for 3.5 quarters and largely held Alvin Kamara in check for large chunks. He's playing a Saints D that barely contained an offense who's leading rusher had 33 yards and a 3.3 ypc average. That will absolutely not happen with Gurley and Anderson. 

8 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Well we saw that happen when the Eagles played the Rams... Goff struggled. Let's say if McVay can do things differently this time.

Cool. The Rams weren't playing for anything, didn't have a healthy Gurley or C.J. Anderson, and Goff's performance down the stretch in that game seems to be what broke him out of his slump. I guess we owe the Eagles a thank you for that.

11 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah, that already happened . . . except Goff didn't get overwhelmed and the Rams didn't lose their fight. This isn't a team that gives up when faced with adversity.

Oh well then, why should they even bother playing the game out at this point, since it already happened?

Or maybe the playoffs are a different animal?

5 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Oh well then, why should they even bother playing the game out at this point, since it already happened?

Or maybe the playoffs are a different animal?

Nah. The Rams aren't suddenly going to lack fight because it's the playoffs. We bother playing the game because the teams have changed.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Nah. The Rams aren't suddenly going to lack fight because it's the playoffs. We bother playing the game because the teams have changed.

How many folks thought the Chargers were going to come out and lay down the way they did against the Patriots?

I'm rooting for the Rams over the Saints. But if adversity hits... I think they will wilt. 

4 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

How many folks thought the Chargers were going to come out and lay down the way they did against the Patriots?

I'm rooting for the Rams over the Saints. But if adversity hits... I think they will wilt. 

Did the Chargers play the Patriots earlier in the year, have adversity hit, and overcome it?

People keep saying the Saints are going to "sell out" to stop the run, but the Saints don't have to "sell out" to stop the run. That's why they are good at it. The front four control the gaps and keep the LBs clean.

Rankins being hurt does not diminish the Saints ability to stop the run at all. Onyemata and Davison are both excellent against the run. You will not run on the middle of the Saints defense.

It does hurt their pass rush and pass coverage tremendously, because now you're going to have to blitz more to get pressure and you won't be able to play all seven in coverage on the back end.

If I was the Rams I'd play max protect and throw the ball 5,000 times, but not all throws down the field the way the Rams do so often. The Rams offense does not stretch the field horizontally though. I'm not sure their passing game is diverse enough to be unpredictable if they can't run the ball.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

He's not a Rams fan, bud. And selling out to stop the run will help us. It's all about adjustments. Defenses adjusted to take away our vertical passing. McVay adjusted to run it down their throats. If they adjust again to stop the run, it'll open up the vertical passing.

Saints sold out to stop Gurley first half and it seemed to work well.

13 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Saints sold out to stop Gurley first half and it seemed to work well.

No, it didn't. As Ramster said, he averaged over 5 yards per carry. The thing that worked well for the Saints in the first half was scoring 35 points.

20 minutes ago, Destructo Spin said:

People keep saying the Saints are going to "sell out" to stop the run, but the Saints don't have to "sell out" to stop the run. That's why they are good at it. The front four control the gaps and keep the LBs clean.

Rankins being hurt does not diminish the Saints ability to stop the run at all. Onyemata and Davison are both excellent against the run. You will not run on the middle of the Saints defense.

It does hurt their pass rush and pass coverage tremendously, because now you're going to have to blitz more to get pressure and you won't be able to play all seven in coverage on the back end.

If I was the Rams I'd play max protect and throw the ball 5,000 times, but not all throws down the field the way the Rams do so often. The Rams offense does not stretch the field horizontally though. I'm not sure their passing game is diverse enough to be unpredictable if they can't run the ball.

This sounds an awful lot like what the Cowboys fans were saying.

1 hour ago, Eagles $5$ said:

People said the same thing about the Rams until yesterday... and they did a great job containing Zeke after having not so good of a run defense all year. 

Teams and Defenses adjust each game, and the Saints are going to put there CB on a island, and stop the run. Just have to see if Goff can do it, but I don't personally see the Rams having a huge running day again.

He already did it to them 

Archived