Raiders Defense

Rolni

32 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

With Guenther at DC we're 3-3 in games we've given up 20 or less and 3-13 in the games we've given up 30 or more. 

With KNJ at DC we were 11-4 in games we gave up 20 or less and 5-8 in games we gave up 30 or more. 

Does that stat not show the offense is letting Guenther down ? I’m cool with getting rid of Guenther with the hire of Marinelli it seems he is a dead man walking anyway, just not convinced that stat is of any relevance ? 

3 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Does that stat not show the offense is letting Guenther down ? I’m cool with getting rid of Guenther with the hire of Marinelli it seems he is a dead man walking anyway, just not convinced that stat is of any relevance ? 

Somewhat. But it also shows that we've only had only 6 games (16%) where 21+ points would've been enough to win while we've had 16 games (45%) where it would've taken 30+ points to win. While under KNJ we had 15 games (35%) where 21+ points was enough to win and 13 games (30%) where it would've taken 30+ points to win. 

Tough to win consistently when you have to score 30+ in nearly 50% of your games and 21+ is only going to get it done in less then 20% of your games. 

At this time Hurst is the only player worth building around on the Dline. I was critical of Hurst, but he has really raised up and played well. His snap count was more then what Collins had yesterday. 

Going into next year I think you have to understand that Ferrell is nothing more then depth and should be looking for two new starting pass rushers cause Maxx might just be better off as a situational pass rusher. 

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Guenther piggy backed off of the success of Marvin Lewis and Mike Zimmer. He inherited one of the best defenses of all time and they immediately began to regress with him as their DC. 

Its looking more and more like he was hanging onto the coat tails of Mike Zimmer and living off of that. It doesn't sound like he's going anywhere anytime soon so we simply have to improve the pass rush. I think if we could just create some more pressure the rest of the D would look so much better. Our coverage I've actually been reasonably pleased with.