Raiders Defense

Rolni

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Our defensive personnel isn't fit for a 3-4 and Phillips is like 75 years old. 

thats the thing, WHEN we move on from Guenther, we need to hire some new blood no more retreads or over the hill guys that are gonna be retired in 2 years. 

We have to start drafting defense in the 1st every single year until this Defense is good. Only exception is QB if Mayock/Gruden are sold on someone, and see if you can get a Late 1st/Early 2nd for Carr in return. 

DT is our biggest need IMO, which many of us were saying in the off season, but so many people were sold on Hurst and Collins and I have no clue what so ever why. Hurst is a rotational player, and I never liked the Collins signing at all. To be honest, Mayock is a great drafter, but he’s horrendous at Free Agent signings. 

Not sure there’s a DT I like yet for this year. But we could get MLB Dylan Moses in the 1st this year and a DT in the 1st in 2022 possibly. 

I think we should go Defensive BPA in the 1st Round not including CB. Any other position: DE, DT, S, MLB, WLB. Defensive BPA in Round 1. 

If it’s not DT, then we need a DT in the following 1st Round for sure. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

We have to start drafting defense in the 1st every single year until this Defense is good. Only exception is QB if Mayock/Gruden are sold on someone, and see if you can get a Late 1st/Early 2nd for Carr in return. 

id think a team like the bears would offer a 1st round for Carr. 
but if we do draft a qb in the first id love to let him sit a year while we continue to build our D. 

im using Joyner, TW and Mariotas money to go find me a couple of studs on defense. We dont have any true game changers but we do have solid pieces to continue building with. Guys like Littleton who has proven he can be a playmaker when he can run around and make plays. Im pouring all our assets into the DL and FS. Crosby, Ferrell, Hankins, Littleton, Kwit, Abram, Arnette and Mullen are the core of our defense. Im hoping a few of the younger guys develop, like Robertson and Johnson.

Give me a Stud DE, Stud DT and Stud FS

16 minutes ago, Geezy said:

im using Joyner, TW and Mariotas money to go find me a couple of studs on defense. We dont have any true game changers but we do have solid pieces to continue building with. Guys like Littleton who has proven he can be a playmaker when he can run around and make plays. Im pouring all our assets into the DL and FS. Crosby, Ferrell, Hankins, Littleton, Kwit, Abram, Arnette and Mullen are the core of our defense. Im hoping a few of the younger guys develop, like Robertson and Johnson.

I agree in principal, just not really sure who we could target really though. Love Ryan Kerrigan but he's on borrowed time, Ingram is probably looking for a huge payday and is probably not a long term solution, Clowney isn't really a pass rusher.

Maybe go after a guy like Dalvin Tomlinson or Leonard Williams inside or Soloman Thomas and hope he can step up with a change of scenery or go after depth guys like Autry and Okwara and draft a couple high picks. Tanoh Kpassagnon or Robertson Harris could be versatile too but I'm struggling for guys who can come straight in and be the difference maker we need.

On 10/7/2020 at 2:13 PM, raidr4life said:

OLBs: Key, Nassib, Crosby IDL: Ferrell, Hurst, Collins NT: Hankins MLBs: Kwiatkowski, Littelton

Still light years better than PG

I was thinking about maxx and key in Pitt type defense like bud and watt as stand up olbs 

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

This. The highest paid def player is Joyner and that’s pathetic.