Raiders Defense

Rolni

55 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

It's "expected points added" and is kind of sort of based on an offense's field position throughout games relative to the opponent's end zone.

So like how is this a relevant stat in regards to showing someone's playcalling or HC prowess?

49 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Imagine you traveled with the clock across time zones 😲

Traveling, I once lost an entire day (well, most of it theoretically speaking). Took off in the morning on a Tues and landed Thursday morning after a multi hour delay. Technically I guess I spent a little bit of time on Wednesday, but still. 

12 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Traveling, I once lost an entire day (well, most of it theoretically speaking). Took off in the morning on a Tues and landed Thursday morning after a multi hour delay. Technically I guess I spent a little bit of time on Wednesday, but still. 

Wait so how many times would that make your broken clock correct? 6 time? 5? 

• 2 weeks later...

“Yeah, man, it’s bulls***, for real,” Jacobs said “It’s bulls***. And it’s on us, you know? Everybody wanna talk about the defense before. They made their stops when they were supposed to. Shi, we’ve got to help them out. And, you know, I’m tired of saying we’ve got to f***ing help them out, and it’s just frustrating.”

…….

• Like 2

Have to say, the last few games the defence has been playing at an acceptable NFL level, not great, but good enough to win most games. Maxx and Chandler seem to have developed chemistry, my boy Billings back in there playing well and credit to the random dudes we have playing LB who are doing OK too. Harmon has been great recently, his reading of the game is just top notch. Reminds me a bit of when we had old Woodson back there marshalling the troops. Hobbs and Ya Sin should be long term players too. We need an all round DT/3T to elevate the front seven IMO.

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Have to say, the last few games the defence has been playing at an acceptable NFL level, not great, but good enough to win most games. Maxx and Crosby seem to have developed chemistry, my boy Billings back in there playing well and credit to the random dudes we have playing LB who are doing OK too. Harmon has been great recently, his reading of the game is just top notch. Reminds me a bit of when we had old Woodson back there marshalling the troops. Hobbs and Ya Sin should be long term players too. We need an all round DT/3T to elevate the front seven IMO.

The last three opponents have been the Rams with a guy starting at QB who had only been in the building for a day, the Patriots with Matt f’n Patricia calling the plays, and the Steelers with a raw rookie and a game played in freezing conditions not conducive to scoring points.

I’m not buying anything into how they’ve played in these last few games if I’m honest. This defense still has A LOT of holes.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

“Yeah, man, it’s bulls***, for real,” Jacobs said “It’s bulls***. And it’s on us, you know? Everybody wanna talk about the defense before. They made their stops when they were supposed to. Shi, we’ve got to help them out. And, you know, I’m tired of saying we’ve got to f***ing help them out, and it’s just frustrating.”

…….

I think at this point everyone has to agree. The defense is not "clutch" per se, but they are playing really well and the offense has been ****

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think at this point everyone has to agree. The defense is not "clutch" per se, but they are playing really well and the offense has been ****

Defense is average just needs a offense to do something. Been like that all year. Too talented on offense to be putting up so many poor performances. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

The last three opponents have been the Rams with a guy starting at QB who had only been in the building for a day, the Patriots with Matt f’n Patricia calling the plays, and the Steelers with a raw rookie and a game played in freezing conditions not conducive to scoring points.

I’m not buying anything into how they’ve played in these last few games if I’m honest. This defense still has A LOT of holes.

That is a fair point 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Rams missing Donald 

pats missing mills

steelers missing edmunds

goes both ways