πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

HAHAHAHA DALLAS LITERALLY TROLLED THEMSELVES.

Here's how I imagine it went down:

Jerry hears that we were trying to get Cooper for a 2nd.Β 

Jerry, still salty as ever about us trading ahead of them and taking not only a TE they needed but one whose name literally is Dallas, immediately wants to screw us over and "jump ahead" of us by offering a better deal to get Cooper.

So he offers a first. And Gruden, at first thinking maybe he was the innocent albeit stupid butt of a joke here, doesn't believe Jerry and hangs up. His assistant reminds him it is in fact real. Gruden has the assistant killed and the body destroyed, thus ensuring nobody would find out what just happened.Β 

Oakland accepts. Dallas's FO are all drinking champagne and doing toasts in celebration now.Β 

"Ha! I wish we could see the look on Howie Roseman stupid little face when he finds out!" says Jerry, ever so exuberant.Β 

Minutes go by. And then a random voice says "Hold on, we gave up a FIRST round pick? And how many years are left on his deal again?"

Chaos ensues.

I could see the Eagles trading for Pat Pete and putting him in the slot so Mills continuesΒ to start lol

Howie should definitely swing a deal for someone good though. I’ve cooled off since yesterday, and I like Art’s point of view about the season that was posted a couple of pages ago. Yeah it’s been disappointing but if the Birds get in the playoffs they’re playing with house money. This was a team that had it in them before to make a Supe Bowl run.

Β 

I mean he's a damn good player. Probably not worth a 1st but I don't believe any of the WR's in the draft are either and they are desperate for one. Feel like he's going to end up being a thorn in the side of NFC East fans. So I'm kinda torn.. wanna laugh at their expense but I also feel like they got significantly better from it. And seems to me like John Gruden is on the right track to rebuilding that team to fit his vision.

Stupid trade. We are on a fast track for a top 15(at least) pick. And we just traded it away.

Β 

Our WRs, though they lack name power, have not been the problem.

Β 

Beasley and Gallup were open all day against the Skins and Dak wouldn't pull the triggerΒ 

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shockey1979 said:

I mean he's a damn good player. Probably not worth a 1st but I don't believe any of the WR's in the draft are either and they are desperate for one. Feel like he's going to end up being a thorn in the side of NFC East fans. So I'm kinda torn.. wanna laugh at their expense but I also feel like they got significantly better from it. And seems to me like John Gruden is on the right track to rebuilding that team to fit his vision.

They definitely get better from it, no doubt about it. Raiders fans speak very highly of him (they are very quick to say the coaches and Carr are to blame for his awful production), but still, I don't think any single WR can really fix the Cowboy'sΒ offense to the point where they would become a contender, it's just not happening. Dak is simply not a very good QB, the OL is not the dominant unit it was 3 years ago, and the coaching is still very poor. So for that reason, I think this is just a bad trade. Giving up a pick that could fall anywhere in the #10 to #22 range for a WR you will have to re-sign to a $15M+/year contract after just 9 weeks havingΒ him? Not smart, and I say all thisΒ while operating under assumption that he is as talented as Raiders fans claim, a top 15 WR who can put up big numbers if he sees the targets... NowΒ if the reality is he's just nothing special!? Then this trade just goes from bad to worse.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Stupid trade. We are on a fast track for a top 15(at least) pick. And we just traded it away.

Β 

Β 

Beasley and Gallup were open all day against the Skins and Dak wouldn't pull the triggerΒ 

You know I'm a bit worried when I look at NextGen stats and see Hurns and Gallup have an NFL worst average of 1.7 yards of separation per target, which naturally means Dak leads the league in throws where a defender was within 1 yard of the WR (25%). Do these guy not get open, forcing Dak to attempt tight throws, or does Dak make poor/late throws that allow defenders to close in on the pass? Guessing a mix of both. Cooper meanwhile has one of the higher yards of separation per target at 3.7. Those numbers do worry me a bit, I won't lie.

3 hours ago, eagles18 said:

How much better is Cooper than Agholor? Not much... Agholor worth a 4th.. makes cooper worth a 3rd.Love you Jerruh

Can't really compare a slot wr we know sucks outside to Cooper. How much better is agholor than Cole Beasley? Or how much better is alshon than cooper? Those are better apples to apples comparisons.Β 

Edited by Jeezla

3 hours ago, Shockey1979 said:

Hard to say what wr's are good in theΒ draft with all the crap qb's in ncaa right now. A lot of these kids are getting obj'd (would have much better production with better qb's).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Β 

Β 

Yea, but you guys are set up for a top 5 pick in 2020. Silver lining.Β