Former Broncos 1st round QB Paxton Lynch signs with Seahawks

49erurtaza

27 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I feel like Paxton gets slept on as one of the worst QB draft picks of all time. Easily the worst QB I've seen play for the Broncos. Two years and out. 

He's not even close to the biggest bust in the last 20 years in my opinion. I mean, that range is littered with quite a few flops  so it's not completely unexpected. I suppose it depends on how many you want to count as "worst of all time". If that list is going to be like 50 deep, then maybe. But just look at what we have had going back 20 years from Lynch's draft class: 

The Cleveland Trio (all selected 22nd overall): Quinn, Weeden, Manziel

The unholy 2014 Triumvirate: Locker / Gabbert / Ponder (8/10/12)

The #1 flop - Jamarcus

The WTH are you doing picks: EJ Manuel, 16th & Tim Tebow 25th

Sanchez & Freeman - 5th and 17th (at least Sanchez has a couple of playoff wins though) 

Vince Young and Matt Leinart: 3rd / 10th (at least the Titans got a little something from Young, so despite the much higher draft slot, he may not be as bad of a bust...depends on how you weight it, I guess) 

The forgotten 2004 selection: JP Losman, 22nd (side note, don't select a quarterback 22nd overall)

Kyle Boller and Rex Grossman - 19th and 22nd (well, how about that...Rex Grossman, best quarterback ever taken with the 22nd overall pick...I knew he had it in him). 

The 2002 busts - Carr / Harrington / Ramsey (1/2/32)

1999: Tim Couch,  Akili Smith, Cade McNown (1 / 3 / 12)

1998: Ryan Leaf

1997: Jim Drunkenmiller (26th)

Does lynch even break that top 10 ?

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's not even close to the biggest bust in the last 20 years in my opinion. I mean, that range is littered with quite a few flops  so it's not completely unexpected. I suppose it depends on how many you want to count as "worst of all time". If that list is going to be like 50 deep, then maybe. But just look at what we have had going back 20 years from Lynch's draft class: 

The Cleveland Trio (all selected 22nd overall): Quinn, Weeden, Manziel

The unholy 2014 Triumvirate: Locker / Gabbert / Ponder (8/10/12)

The #1 flop - Jamarcus

The WTH are you doing picks: EJ Manuel, 16th & Tim Tebow 25th

Sanchez & Freeman - 5th and 17th (at least Sanchez has a couple of playoff wins though) 

Vince Young and Matt Leinart: 3rd / 10th (at least the Titans got a little something from Young, so despite the much higher draft slot, he may not be as bad of a bust...depends on how you weight it, I guess) 

The forgotten 2004 selection: JP Losman, 22nd (side note, don't select a quarterback 22nd overall)

Kyle Boller and Rex Grossman - 19th and 22nd (well, how about that...Rex Grossman, best quarterback ever taken with the 22nd overall pick...I knew he had it in him). 

The 2002 busts - Carr / Harrington / Ramsey (1/2/32)

1999: Tim Couch,  Akili Smith, Cade McNown (1 / 3 / 12)

1998: Ryan Leaf

1997: Jim Drunkenmiller (26th)

He wasn't a top 5-10 pick, so in terms of value, he may not measure up to a lot of these busts. As a player, he was worse than every 2000s player you listed except for JaMarcus. 

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

For all the hate Mark Sanchez gets, at least he was okay during those couple of Jets years. Paxton Lynch has always been just god awful.

Sanchez was the 5th overall pick though Lynch was drafted in the back end of the 1st round there is much higher expectations that you are going to be good when you are taken that high.

11 hours ago, Forge said:

I'd argue yes. Every QB on that list likely did more than Lynch who couldn't make year 3 of his contract. 

The guys take top 5-10, you can argue are bigger busts just based on the premium draft spot. But the rest, pretty easy to see Lynch is among the worst of them. 

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

For what it's worth, I wouldn't call David Carr a bust--at least not his fault. The Texans broke him. 75 sacks in his rookie season might traumatize anyone! They did him soooooo wrong. Seriously. :$

In fairness, a player being a bust is rarely completely their fault. Injuries and lack of proper supporting cast/coaching also plays a (rather large) factor.

David was put in a horrible situation. But he's still a bust, tbh.

Archived