Was this the worst call in NFL history?

evilpimp972

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

lol you say this as if every shmuck in the league doesn't still call us the Cheatriots or bring up "Spygate" and "Deflategate" as if they were anything other than some stupid witch hunt.

If you learned anything from the Patriots, you should know that nobody will forget about that.

And to his point no one cares. It's why the pats are heavy favs and call Brady the goat.. If you ain't first you're last. Let's get it baby.. Money money time. 

3 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

lol you say this as if every shmuck in the league doesn't still call us the Cheatriots or bring up "Spygate" and "Deflategate" as if they were anything other than some stupid witch hunt.

If you learned anything from the Patriots, you should know that nobody will forget about that.

And what difference has it made? Brady and Belichick are considered by many to be the GOATs, so it clearly hasn't done much to undermine how they're perceived.

16 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I don't know about that. Most talking heads in the media think the Saints got robbed. If it makes you feel better though, run with it. I get why Rams fans are annoyed. I also get why Saints fans are outraged.

Media talking heads? Sure. Have at it Skip. Shannon, the player, even says he's wrong.

But you say most in the NFL world? I think you're wrong. http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/292994/players-reactions-to-no-call-in-nfc-title-game-might-surprise

I agree just let us Rams fans enjoy our moment and stop killing our vibe. Saints fans need to practice what they preach. You couldnt approach them about what happened in the 2009 NFCCG against Vikings without them being offended. They knew that the Saints got a ton of calls in that game but at the end of the day they were the first to tell you to let them enjoy the fact that they won Superbowl for the first time in franchise history. Especially after everything they suffered with Hurricane Katrina for that city.

You dont think the Rams community would love to celebrate a Superbowl title after the wild fires and shooting that took place this season? People are still effected by that just like people were still effected by Hurricane Katrina back when the Saints won the Superbowl. No matter how anyone viewed the Saints winning the Saints fans wont let anyone diss their season with no bountygate or no favoritism in the Vikings game or none of that stuff. They were saying the same thing the Rams are saying, the Vikings had their chance to win and lost in OT. The Saints were the better team that year and thats why the beat the Cards, Vikings, and Colts in the playoffs. 

I feel bad because of the bad call but again if Saints fans are going to feel the way they felt back in 2009 at least be consistent with that feeling regardless if you won or loss. You can be upset with how the events played out without being inconsistent when the outcome is different from 2009 and this season.

Just now, jrry32 said:

And what difference has it made? Brady and Belichick are considered by many to be the GOATs, so it clearly hasn't done much to undermine how they're perceived.

Yeah, so if Goff and McVay win 5 Super Bowls some people will forget. You'll still have a large population talking about how you didn't deserve the first one. Trust me man, I get it, I get the sensitivity to it. Drives me nuts when people bring up Spygate/Deflategate as if it was legitimately anything.

2 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

Media talking heads? Sure. Have at it Skip. Shannon, the player, even says he's wrong.

But you say most in the NFL world? I think you're wrong. http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/292994/players-reactions-to-no-call-in-nfc-title-game-might-surprise

Uh, all that article is is some players saying they don't think calls should be reviewable lol. Almost all of them said it was a horrible missed call. I really don't think you even read that article before you posted it.

Yeah, so if Goff and McVay win 5 Super Bowls some people will forget. You'll still have a large population talking about how you didn't deserve the first one. Trust me man, I get it, I get the sensitivity to it. Drives me nuts when people bring up Spygate/Deflategate as if it was legitimately anything.

If Goff and McVay go out and beat Brady and Belichick in the Super Bowl, Saints fans will be the only ones talking about how they don't deserve to be there. I remember in 2006 when Michigan fans threw a temper tantrum about the Gators not deserving to be in the NCG. Well, nobody doubted the Gators deserved to be there when they went out and beat #1 Ohio State 41-14. If the Rams beat the Patriots, nobody will care about a missed call in the NFCCG except for the team hurt by it.

4 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I agree just let us Rams fans enjoy our moment and stop killing our vibe. Saints fans need to practice what they preach. You couldnt approach them about what happened in the 2009 NFCCG against Vikings without them being offended. They knew that the Saints got a ton of calls in that game but at the end of the day they were the first to tell you to let them enjoy the fact that they won Superbowl for the first time in franchise history. Especially after everything they suffered with Hurricane Katrina for that city.

You dont think the Rams community would love to celebrate a Superbowl title after the wild fires and shooting that took place this season? People are still effected by that just like people were still effected by Hurricane Katrina back when the Saints won the Superbowl. No matter how anyone viewed the Saints winning the Saints fans wont let anyone diss their season with no bountygate or no favoritism in the Vikings game or none of that stuff. They were saying the same thing the Rams are saying, the Vikings had their chance to win and lost in OT. The Saints were the better team that year and thats why the beat the Cards, Vikings, and Colts in the playoffs. 

I feel bad because of the bad call but again if Saints fans are going to feel the way they felt back in 2009 at least be consistent with that feeling regardless if you won or loss. You can be upset with how the events played out without being inconsistent when the outcome is different from 2009 and this season.

Dude. I'm just saying, I get the sensitivity. Its a crappy situation. The ref screwed over the Saints, but he also screwed over the Rams. Win and a ton of people are just going to say you didn't deserve to be there, true or untrue.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

If Goff and McVay go out and beat Brady and Belichick in the Super Bowl, Saints fans will be the only ones talking about how they don't deserve to be there. I remember in 2006 when Michigan fans threw a temper tantrum about the Gators not deserving to be in the NCG. Well, nobody doubted the Gators deserved to be there when they went out and beat #1 Ohio State 41-14. If the Rams beat the Patriots, nobody will care about a missed call in the NFCCG except for the team hurt by it.

I think you'll find this to be highly untrue, but I get it.

4 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I feel bad because of the bad call

Don't. No one would've felt bad about the facemask on Goff had the DPI been called.

The Rams played their butts off before and after that play, in the toughest environment I've seen in a long time, and willed their way to a win on that final drive and OT. They earned it whether people admit it or not.

I think you'll find this to be highly untrue, but I get it.

A Vikings fan posted earlier in this thread about getting screwed in 2009. I certainly didn't remember that. I wonder how many non-Vikings fans did.

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

Don't. No one would've felt bad about the facemask on Goff had the DPI been called.

The Rams played their butts off before and after that play, in the toughest environment I've seen in a long time, and willed their way to a win on that final drive and OT. They earned it whether people admit it or not.

To be fair, the refs also missed a blatant facemask on Brees INT ;)

Just now, jrry32 said:

A Vikings fan posted earlier in this thread about getting screwed in 2009. I certainly didn't remember that. I wonder how many non-Vikings fans did.

Uh...If you don't remember that, you ignored it. Especially after all the Bountygate stuff came out. A ton of people thought the Vikings got robbed because the refs allowed late hit after late hit on Favre.

Uh, all that article is is some players saying they don't think calls should be reviewable lol. Almost all of them said it was a horrible missed call. I really don't think you even read that article before you posted it.

None of us were saying it wasn't a bad call lol we aren't focusing on saying it wasn't a bad call. We are saying the NFL players are saying it comes down to so much more and the human error is there.

Quotes

You have human error. That is part of the game.

I think it’s hard to say that that was the main reason. There were so many things in the game that happened. ... If you just say that, you take away from the Rams' season and what they were able to accomplish

“Rules are rules. When you think about refereeing, you have to understand that they are people, so they make mistakes.

Hate for it to come down to it, but the game ain’t perfect. It is what it is. The refs didn’t make the call, so you’ve just gotta keep playing.”

It was obviously pass interference. But they missed it. That happens a lot. You get used to it as a coach. You just have to deal with it

23 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I get why Rams fans are annoyed. I also get why Saints fans are outraged.

It's almost like everyone should just get over it. It happened. And no statement from Goodell or attempt at convincing either side of wrongdoing will change that. Both team saw bad calls, this one just happen to come at a critical point in the game.

If the girl of your dreams breaks your heart, you don't sit there whining about it and clinging on to what could have been. It is what it is. Accept it and move on. How many pages does this thread need?

Archived