Chiefs fire DC Bob Sutton

AFlaccoSeagulls

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Read on twitter yesterday that CBS is already making him a substantial salary raise offer to keep him there.

I mean, literally every other game day NFL analyst could be replaced and nobody would care as long as the new guys were equally "meh". Romo is the only person on the planet to make you want to watch a football game just because he is calling it.

You are fired!!!!!!

Lol I could never tell if he was the main problem with the Chiefs D but he was absolutely part of the problem.

We all knew Brady was going to make quickpass plays and he couldn't even come up with a half-assed game plan to stop it.

His firing is about the whole season though and the one before.

3 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

I mean, literally every other game day NFL analyst could be replaced and nobody would care as long as the new guys were equally "meh". Romo is the only person on the planet to make you want to watch a football game just because he is calling it.

I couldn't agree more.

52 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

This makes so much sense! Although I'm not sure how thrilled I am with the rumours that they are interested in Rex Ryan. I think I'd rather go a different direction, but it's hard to be mad when they finally did it!

The Chiefs defense was never great under Sutton but he did do a great job of developing a lot of high level players. Marcus Peters had some incredible seasons under Sutton. Guys like Dee Ford started to come on. Chris Jones, Sorensen. Chiefs have a lot of players who are really good but some reason as a whole unit, it never all came together.

I love this decision. We desperately need changes on the defensive side of the ball. It will be interesting to see who we will get as a DC. We might promote an internal candidate, but i guess you rather want to have an outside guy to get in and make adjustments.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

GREAT CALL! Sexy Rexy, and perhaps his equally-svelte twin brother Rob, riding herd over the Kansas City defense? Can a Super Bowl win be far behind???

The Ryan Brothers are, like they say in The Godfather, "men with a belly". Real 90-caliber pezzonovantes!

Guts Football is back in Kansas City!!!

Image result for Rex Ryan

32 minutes ago, raidersedge said:

The Chiefs defense was never great under Sutton but he did do a great job of developing a lot of high level players. Marcus Peters had some incredible seasons under Sutton. Guys like Dee Ford started to come on. Chris Jones, Sorensen. Chiefs have a lot of players who are really good but some reason as a whole unit, it never all came together.

What?? It was considered to be the very best defense in the league for like half a season in 2014 I believe, under Sutton and was something like a top 3 defense that season.

This year would have been an easy easy Superbowl for the Chiefs if the offense was paired with the Chiefs defense during the early years of Reid and Sutton's tenure.

The Chiefs defense under Sutton was great for many years but real poor the last two years.

Archived