TCMD 2019 - Discussion

ny92mike

I will likely have everything finished up by the weekend.  Would be finished sooner but I'll be out of town wed & thurs.

Hoping we get enough members willing to sign up to GM.

@NickChowaniec I've got you down for the committee

@Counselor I've got you down for the committee as well as updating, hope that works for you.

@BringinDaPain got you down to help manage the draft board.

Need to get a couple more members to help out with updating and the committee.

I'll type up the short guideline over the next day or two.

I'm here, still GM of Saints I hope I haven't been overthrown. I might be of best use standing by trying not to ask too many questions for right now. But let me know if you think of anything else I might be able to help with. 

So here is what I'm looking at for the rules for this mock draft.

Roster Limit:  You are working toward a 53 man roster, but not to exceed 90.

Calculating your cap is kept really simple.  No top 51, no calculating accelerated future bonuses, no dead money outside of what you start with at the beginning of the mock.  Basically, you are only calculating the current year cap hits.  So for example, the Cardinals release not that they would but if they released Chandler Jones if would save the team 19.5 million in cap space.  If they were to trade him it would save them 19.5 million, and the new team would be charged the base salary only of 16.5 million.

You start the mock out with your roster containing active players as well as erfa and rfa with the option to resign one UFA.  The erfa and rfa players cost you nothing, to allow for more cap space.  If traded, the new team is billed the vet min.  The one resign will cost you either the required APY value or the price of the transition tag whichever is the greater amount.  This will fix any contract APY value that doesn't seem high enough, for example Landon Collins or Nick Foles among others.

A committee will provide the approval for restructure and extensions, but because of the design of this mock, request should be kept to a minimum.

The committee will also be involved with approving trades mainly to insure that both teams have the funds available at the time of the trade.

Free Agent Bidding is done using single year contracts by submitting an APY amount that is greater than or equal to the listed APY value.  There will be 10 rounds of bidding each round you are allowed to make 5 bids.  If you are attempting to resign a player you'll be given a 15% increase to the amount you offer to boost your chances of landing the player.  However, keep in mind that the highest amount offered wins the contract.

Trading Players - The only players you aren't permitted to trade is the one resign at the beginning of the mock and any awarded UFA or Resigns in free agency.  Everyone else is fair game.  ERFA and RFA players cost the new team the vet min.  Trading a player removes the entire contract from your cap while charging the new team only the base salary of the contract.

The Draft - You are allowed 40 minutes to make your selection, if you go over that time, the next team OTC can make their selection.

Thoughts?

IN!! 

I can take care of restructures and extensions

My suggestion for restructures is to just use Over the Cap restructure button in the Cap Calculator. Somebody says I want to restructure player X and I’ll plug it into OverthrCap restructure tool and tell the team they opened up x amount of cap room. 

Every team can have 4 extensions/restructures. They can use it them anyway they see fit (i.e-  1 extension 3 restrictions or 4 extensions 0 restructures)

Extensions the team should pm me a contract they build that is based off a player with similar stats who is of similar age and paid within the last 2 years. I’ll approve or deny. If I have a question about a contract, I’ll bounce it off others. 

Thoughts, @ny92mike

5 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

IN!! 

I can take care of restructures and extensions

My suggestion for restructures is to just use Over the Cap restructure button in the Cap Calculator. Somebody says I want to restructure player X and I’ll plug it into OverthrCap restructure tool and tell the team they opened up x amount of cap room. 

Every team can have 4 extensions/restructures. They can use it them anyway they see fit (i.e-  1 extension 3 restrictions or 4 extensions 0 restructures)

Extensions the team should pm me a contract they build that is based off a player with similar stats who is of similar age and paid within the last 2 years. I’ll approve or deny. If I have a question about a contract, I’ll bounce it off others. 

Thoughts, @ny92mike

That works, but I think 4 is a bit much.  With the way the cap will be calculated in this it will be easy to free up money.  I'd say 2 but I'll let you and the other committee members figure it out.

I'd say rather than have them message one individual with an extension contract just have a thread open to receive all of this information, so that the group can decide and vote on it.

Archived