NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Only the Raiders. I think his only landing slots are 1, 4, and 13. Think the Dolphins would nab him. Maybe the Giants secretly like him as well? Who knows. Definitely not Elway or Bengals type of QB. 

I still think 90% likely he goes to the Cards. I don’t believe these recent reports. 

The Bengals hired Zak Taylor so it wouldn't surprise me if they went Murray given a fall. He could sit a year behind Dalton (who can be cut next year with no dead money). And although he was a bust, they did draft Akili Smith so there is at least one example of them not drafting a prototypical QB.

Panthers' most reliable beat writer did an article saying we could take Christian Wilkins or Dexter Lawrence... even though we have KK Short, Dontari Poe, Vernon Butler, Kyle Love... think the team will just take whoever the best trenches player is at 16. Praying we don't trade up. For whatever reason, lots of major reporters are hinting that we could do that. I would die inside.

Went back and looked at a few Mock draft from as recent as late Feb/early March, and it wasn't uncommon to find drafts where Murray was not 1 overall. It seems to have blown up really suddenly.

It probably WILL happen, because smoke and fire - but it does seem a bit of a snowball effect going on.

Argh, it's interesting alright..

3 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

This is setting up to be the most interesting draft I can remember. Nobody knows for sure wtf is going to happen. 

Last year was incredibly interesting too though given there were several QBs perceived in any order 1-4 by several teams. Best player was a RB etc

This year is definitely exciting for you though given you have 3 1sts

6 hours ago, Zithers2 said:

Panthers' most reliable beat writer did an article saying we could take Christian Wilkins or Dexter Lawrence... even though we have KK Short, Dontari Poe, Vernon Butler, Kyle Love... think the team will just take whoever the best trenches player is at 16. Praying we don't trade up. For whatever reason, lots of major reporters are hinting that we could do that. I would die inside.

Over all those studly OLinemen and pass rushers?  I'll believe it when I see it.

7 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Murray rumors are all drummed-up hype to cast uncertainty over a sure thing. They do it just about every year, when everyone knows who the first pick is going to be. Last year was an exception.

It was Darnold all the way up till draft day 

Just now, brushmyhair said:

Yeah exactly. They didn't have to hype it up because truly no one knew until the day of. In the past, it has been cases like this year, where everyone knows who the #1 pick is going to be, but they have to drum up uncertainty to keep it interesting. I remember the Dolphins signed Jake Long before the draft and there were still media outlets publishing rumors like "maybe they didn't really sign him and Parcells created a huge misdirection!"

57 minutes ago, brushmyhair said:

That's because everyone in the building knew that Hue to Silver was the leak and Dorsey didn't trust Hue with the information. Minutes after Dorsey told Hue (the night before draft day/draft day early on), "somehow" it became public.

Archived