NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

There's too much smoke since the combine that the Cardinals were taking Murray.  I'm still going with that, despite what I believe to be red herrings.  If they do intend to stick with Rosen, they have played this so poorly.  For the sake of suspense, you tick off your young starting QB by putting him through believing they're moving on from him after one year?  I don't buy it.  They've already burned up part of that bridge, I feel like they're pot committed and are just going to go the whole way and pick Murray, despite my own feelings he isn't a premiere franchise QB prospect. 

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

There's too much smoke since the combine that the Cardinals were taking Murray.  I'm still going with that, despite what I believe to be red herrings.  If they do intend to stick with Rosen, they have played this so poorly.  For the sake of suspense, you tick off your young starting QB by putting him through believing they're moving on from him after one year?  I don't buy it.  They've already burned up part of that bridge, I feel like they're pot committed and are just going to go the whole way and pick Murray, despite my own feelings he isn't a premiere franchise QB prospect. 

Agreed the Rosen thing really makes you rethink all the Bosa/Q rumors 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

From what NFLN reported earlier, the Bills are definitely trying to trade out of the top 10 (along with Detroit). I think Atlanta is going to make a strong push to move up the boards, so I can see them trading up with either the Bills or Lions. What that guy reported is actually what I was thinking of - Atlanta trading up for Wilkins after losing out on Oliver. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Buffalo traded down then trades up from the 2nd round to the end of the first to get an extra year before the player hits free agency. This is gonna be a fun night.

In terms of BPA, Need, Fit and Position Value how do you guys split the importance 

I got 40% Fit, 40% BPA, 15% Need and 5% Pos Value

Give me an Elite Talent that fits my team at any position over need almost every day. 

The more good players you have the better in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Next years draft may be even funner when 3 QBs go 1-2-3 in Tua-Fromm-Eason (I think Eason is gonna tear it up at Washington). 

All three of which are better than any QB prospect of this class. 

Trev?

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I really think NFL is telling Arizona keep everyone guessing. Ratings. This is going to be the most watched draft ever by far. 

Because people who weren't going to watch the draft will suddenly tune in to see who the Cardinals take, right?  The idea that this helps ratings is puzzling.  Maybe it helps draw people whose teams pick later to tune in earlier, but that's about it.

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Arizona absolutely knows who they are taking. Now, they may not know whether they are keeping the pick - obviously they shouldn't shut the door on any possible huge deal that may come their way to move out - but they have to absolutely know who they are picking at this point. Honestly, if they don't know who they are picking at this juncture, there is absolutely no hope for this regime and they may as well can them all now just to get the ball rolling on the fresh start. 

Agreed. And if they aren't releasing the pick in hopes of a trade down, wouldn't that indicate the first overall pick isn't Kyler Murray? If they truly felt he was the pick and were ready to make that substantial investment, they wouldn't be entertaining trade down options. Maybe? Not necessarily? I've bet on QW going 1, don't ruin this for me.

Adam Schefter on @MutCallahan says the Cardinals do not have a deal in place to trade Josh Rosen and have not spoken to the Patriots this offseason about a potential trade. They have talked to only two teams — Dolphins and Giants.

6 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

Atlanta could be bold and think bigger. Maybe Give the Jets a call

Was thinking this, Dimitroff has done this in the past with Julio Jones, maybe they do the same for Quinnen?

Archived