How many miserable seasons are you willing to have in exchange of one SB win?

William Lee

There's something to be said about watchable games. I assure you no NFL owner is ok with 5 sub 6 win seasons in a row for a title run. Sure, some fan bases are more loyal than others but most aren't willing to pay good money for crap.

As a Cards fan I say 7 seasons but if you're offering 7 playoff years with a Super Bowl trip I might take that instead. I have 2 kids so 7 years of unwatchable games sucks. Plus the OP isn't telling what comes later.

A 20 year stretch with 2 winning seasons is garbage even if you got 1 title out of it. Think Tampa Bucs.

On 2/19/2019 at 2:26 PM, Arthur Penske said:

49? lol

After thinking about it, I'm actually at the point where if they could finally win just one, I wouldn't care if they ever won another game after that.  Win one and I can move on to bigger and better things in life.  As of now, though, I've put in so many years waiting that it's just stupid to get off the train because that's when they would actually do it - just to put another dagger into my heart.  LOL.

If you define "miserable" by "not playing to your potential and/or choking despite consistently having some of the best talent in NFL history," the Vikings have had 59 such seasons and counting. If it means a losing season, I'd be willing to sit through several of those in exchange for one Super Bowl winning year.

Zero honestly. If the Jets were a consistently good team that missed out on the super bowl then maybe like 20 years? But going from the past 15 years to Super Bowl and then losing again? Naw. I'm sure the win would be amazing but I couldn't look back on it like "this was a great era to be a Jets fan."

On 2/18/2019 at 4:52 PM, Jlowe22 said:

A lot apparently.  The Browns still have fans, and the same was true of the Saints before 09.  No shortage of fans despite miserable season after miserable season.  

Packers fans suffered for almost 30 years before we turned it around in the early 1990s.

On 2/19/2019 at 6:53 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

By the time the Eagles hit that number, I’ll be too old to care 

This, this, so much this. I feel like I'm good now. It's special witnessing your teams first Super Bowl at the height of your fandom. It wasn't like I was 12 years old, not having much of an emotional investment in football, and mainly celebrating because my dad was so happy. This was something not many people get to experience.

48 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

This, this, so much this. I feel like I'm good now. It's special witnessing your teams first Super Bowl at the height of your fandom. It wasn't like I was 12 years old, not having much of an emotional investment in football, and mainly celebrating because my dad was so happy. This was something not many people get to experience.

I know exactly what you mean.  My dad is going to be 89 this year and has been a Vikings fan since before even the days of the Purple People Eaters.  We watch the games every Sunday and it would be great if he could experience just one championship season before he's gone. 

16 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

15 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I know exactly what you mean.  My dad is going to be 89 this year and has been a Vikings fan since before even the days of the Purple People Eaters.  We watch the games every Sunday and it would be great if he could experience just one championship season before he's gone. 

This is how I felt when the Saints won. I could at least say I saw them win in my lifetime. Seeing them win their first ever as well? Priceless.

23 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I hope your dad gets to see the Vikes triumph in the Super Bowl. They’ve paid their dues, I’d say. I’ll root for them in the NFC next year. Good luck!!!

4 hours ago, pwny said:

As a Jags fan, can I cash in these miserable seasons yet?

The Vikings; Browns; Cardinals; and Lions are ahead of you in line. 

Don’t worry, though. The Jags should contend in the AFC South this season. 

Archived