Pro Day Results

goldfishwars

Pretty ugly but he’s a straight line athlete. He’ll catch some deep balls but that could limit his ability in the short intermediate game where quicks are way more important. He looks like a tight end

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Hopefully you guys choose defense with No.4

It'll be defense or a trade down. My ideal draft is a little complicated. Hoping to trade down twice from 4 and 27, and also trade up from 24. We need Edge x2.

11. Brian Burns

16. Clelin Ferrell

35. Josh Jacobs (I actually think there's a 55% shot Jacobs makes it this far)

45. Julian Love

Would be a fantastic draft.

Fun thing about "posted a better/worse time at combine/pro-day" is that scouts and executives are just going to use whatever time best supports the argument they already had for/against a player.

I mean, unless it's something injury related but your have to believe that gets counted against you to if someone wants to count it against you.

On 3/29/2019 at 2:19 PM, reamer said:

Ty Summers showed up really well at the TCU pro day with a 4.12 SS and a 6.84 3-cone. Pauline reported that he looked great in position drills.

That's on top of running a 4.51 at the Combine and putting up a 36" vert and 1003 broad jump at 241 pounds. How he's not getting more buzz is beyond me; he's highly athletic, and his coverage skills are better than some of the safeties that will go in the top three rounds. Sure, he misses some tackles and overpursues at times, but he's really polished in coverage and would be a good fit for a team that wants to stay in subpackages a lot since he already has experience in a 425 defense.

I agree those are good times for him and the combine 40 stood out for sure.  Guy is a physical ILB and doubt many thought of him as that good of an athlete.  Even played a little DE or rush OLB edge this year on TCU because of injuries and that will help his stock.  For sure a team will pick him up most likely a 3/4 defensive team and use him inside or outside.  Should be a solid mid round pick.  

On 3/29/2019 at 6:21 PM, lark25 said:

Pretty ugly but he’s a straight line athlete. He’ll catch some deep balls but that could limit his ability in the short intermediate game where quicks are way more important. He looks like a tight end

On one of the podcasts I listen too they compared him to Martavius Bryant. 

Archived