Antonio Brown traded to Oakland for a 3rd and 5th round pick

Cheesehead430

Just now, nextsuperstar1 said:

It’s not different than other professions though. I have a friend who is a consultant. She is based out of one city, but does projects all over the country for weeks at a time. She needs to file in every city and state where she has a project. 

I know VA and MD have a deal where people who live in either state but work in the other don’t have to file taxes in the state they work in. Simply their residence. I kind of assumed it followed the same policy. 

10 hours ago, Jaguarfan said:

Chucky and the Big Chest Head himself

FTFY ;) I have to wonder if the lower draft picks indicate how tired teams are finally getting of these talented  ###hole head case WRs and get the value of the locker room.

And IMO he has got maybe 1 or 2 good years left and the Raiders aren't likely to be contenders either of those years. Steelers eat a lot of cap money but at least it's over. I hope the Raiders lose often and we can watch him pout on the sidelines all year lol.

1 hour ago, Dome said:

Spending and entire career with the team that drafted you and developed you into a HOFer... especislly when they are one of the more historied franchises in the NFL. Then retiring with the love and adoration of an entire city and being immortalized in their hearts while you kick back and wait for your gold jacket in relaxation and contentment.

But also being the face of the Vegas franchise too. But the first way would’ve come with a lot less drama IMO

Which is probably a big part of why he didn't want it lol - prima donna WRs gotta have drama, it's all about them, look at me look at me lol

For those saying the Steelers should've gotten a 1st, that was never a realistic option. AB is over 30, a head case, and was demanding to be the highest paid WR. The Raiders were more than likely bidding against themselves on Saturday. All in all, this was a good deal for both sides. 

2 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

For those saying the Steelers should've gotten a 1st, that was never a realistic option. AB is over 30, a head case, and was demanding to be the highest paid WR. The Raiders were more than likely bidding against themselves on Saturday. All in all, this was a good deal for both sides. 

It's good for the Steelers to get rid of a huge distraction in AB. However, I still believe they should have gotten a second. And maybe that's what they would have gotten from Buffalo if that deal had worked out. But a third and a fifth is a bit light for an elite WR, even if he's getting older.

As a Browns fan, I love the trade.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

It's brutal in some regards too, because it's not just the multi million dollar guys. I mean, what if you're in the MLS making 60K a year ? You have to file state taxes in 20 states or whatever and are subject to all their various withholdings and whatnot. 

That’s why they hire a Spencer Strasmore and Joe Putel(sp?)

We have one of the best Wr in the game and 5 first round draft picks for the next two years and will have Cap space when we hit LV and ppl still want to bring up Amanda and Mack 🤦🏽‍♂️ get over it

9 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Best WR in the NFL going for a 3rd and a 5th? Damn, Steelers really wanted him gone. The way that team has managed their offensive talent over the past few years is pretty damn hilarious.

I'm not sure the way things went down with Bell/Brown had anymore to do with their mishandling of things than those two being the most self involved divas in the entire league. It just so happened they were on the same team at the same time. Although Tomlin could have handled some internal things better. The Steelers have been a running factory of RB/WRs since Roethlisberger has gotten there anyways, and they already have Connor/Smith-Schuster waiting in the wings. And they have one of the best offensive lines in the NFL. Im not worried about them on that side of the ball. They need to do get that defense back to where they want it and they'll still be competing in the AFC...

The WR moves by the Raiders came full circle. They essentially traded Amari Cooper, 3rd Round and 5th Round FOR Antonio Brown and 1st Round. Gruden is out there willing a dealing. That's what selling high and buying low gets you. 

The Mack trade hasn't come full circle yet because they haven't replaced him. 

This thread is everything I hoped it would be and more.

I agree with Mafia about just standing up to him and making him sit, but it would have screwed their cap going forward. Sadly better to just cut bait quickly. Dudes a clown and I'll laugh hysterically if Gruden gives Bell 15+ a year as well.

3 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

I'm not sure the way things went down with Bell/Brown had anymore to do with their mishandling of things than those two being the most self involved divas in the entire league. It just so happened they were on the same team at the same time.

Hmm I wouldn’t put Bell on that same level of diva.  Bell wanted a contract before he was ran into the ground. I don’t know the inside details, but from what I heard Bell was only offered contracts with minimal long term guarantees.  I’d say that’s good business by Pitt, but Bell had cause to be disgruntled.

In fact, I would say Brown makes Bell look like a gentleman and a scholar at the moment.

Archived