Antonio Brown traded to Oakland for a 3rd and 5th round pick

Cheesehead430

59 minutes ago, Elky said:

Don't compare Antonio Brown to Jerry Rice ever again.

Greatest WRs of their generations. Hardest workers on their craft. Why not? People forget Jerry Rice was salty and causing drama over TO becoming the #1 target before he left. 

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Until it’s thread I had no idea Antonio Brown was held in such high regard by Raiders fans.

If I didn’t know better I’d think it was coincidental.

I’d love for this deal to fall through this afternoon, just to see how that changes things. I’m bringing home popcorn tonight just in case

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

He’s being rewarded for being an all-time great WR who should still be elite for 3-4 more years.

And how is AB a diva?  People keep reducing him to that.  By all accounts his work ethic is insane and he doesn’t take plays off.  All he does is ball.  Why can’t players be vocal and express themselves without being reduced to something negative?  

AB did what he had to do to escape a clearly toxic situation.  

How is he a diva? All his teammates and coaches have said he doesn't show up/take meetings seriously. How far do you think it would have had to have gone to have the team bench him for a must win game?

He did a social media live stream of his coach's speech after a playoff game. That was the stupidest, most me-first, attention-driven thing I've ever seen a player do. Nothing TO or anyone else did was as much of a diva move as that.

And Oakland is in fact rewarding him with extra money just for being insufferable enough to the team that signed him.

10 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

And Oakland is in fact rewarding him with extra money just for being insufferable enough to the team that signed him.

To add to this, he was unhappy in Pittsburgh despite being on a team that had a good amount of success, had a future HOF QB who fed him the ball and put up great up great numbers all while being one of, if not THE, highest paid receivers in the game.

If you’re not happy there...

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

How is he a diva? All his teammates and coaches have said he doesn't show up/take meetings seriously. How far do you think it would have had to have gone to have the team bench him for a must win game.

He did a social media live stream of his coach's speech after a playoff game. That was the stupidest, most me-first, attention-driven thing I've ever seen a player do. Nothing TO or anyone else did was as much of a diva move as that.

He skipped a team meeting in the middle of the season too without contacting the team. Then he had the trade me tweet before all the drama went down in response to a reporter saying Brown needs Ben more than the other way around. If something the media says makes you ask for a trade you have issues.

I'm glad the Steelers didn't get more for him and I suspect the AB drama isn't going to stop so I'll just see how it plays out but I'm guessing no one is going to be extremely happy once it all plays out. Well, besides Drew Rosenhaus.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

To add to this, he was unhappy in Pittsburgh despite being on a team that had a good amount of success, had a future HOF QB who fed him the ball and put up great up great numbers all while being one of, if not THE, highest paid receivers in the game.

If you’re not happy there...

Yeah, Carr isn't the freelance QB that Ben is so I suspect Brown will average about 11 yards per catch and have the fewest yards since he became a starter.

29 minutes ago, ET80 said:

What does this have anything to do with it? 

He probably said it because I said Derek Carr isn't good and the Raiders aren't good, so trading for an elite WR who is about to be 31 years of age probably doesn't matter.  I didn't take offense; the Seahawks should have ran the ball.

=)

5 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but remember to keep this same energy if/when a prominent player on your team pulls something like this.  

I was one of the few Rams fans not attacking Aaron Donald for his holdouts, even when it resulted in him missing the first game of the year.

31 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Until it’s thread I had no idea Antonio Brown was held in such high regard by Raiders fans.

If I didn’t know better I’d think it was coincidental.

I’ve always claimed he’s going down as #2 to Rice all time and my post history will back that up. I also think this forum has been in universal agreement he is the WR in football for the past several several seasons. Of course, when he’s part of your franchise now, you’re a little more out spoken. Especially when everyone is trying to rip him to shreds. Rip on his character I have no problem with. But he is by far the best WR in football with a work ethic that is unmatched by any WR in this league, character concern or not. 

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I was one of the few Rams fans not attacking Aaron Donald for his holdouts, even when it resulted in him missing the first game of the year.

honest question here. what would your thoughts on Donald be if after this season he went public with demands of either pay me more money or trade me?

5 hours ago, ACO said:

Yeah I will never understand the Mack deal though I can see the logic. They have the draft capital and hopefully they use it well. And yes Cooper needed to leave. That worked out for everyone involved. 

What hard to understand? It had Absolutely  nothing to do with them wanting to keep Mack the player. Nothing! With the CBA as its currently constructed, The Raiders did not have 90M to put into Escrow. It's  as simple as that.

Without that 80-90M available , he simply couldn't  be resigned to a contract he wanted given the lack of funds with the move Vegas. 

Archived