Browns trade for OBJ

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, roger murdock said:

He was drafted 25th overall and is on pace to outperform his draft position. He's a pro bowl caliber safety, however you value that.

I think his value got hurt by the absurd safety contracts but think hes capable of being 90% of Landon Collins level good.

...how?

2 minutes ago, Marc MacGyver said:

Love it. Browns looking more & more like contenders everyday. Favourites for the AFCN, surely. 

I said it in the NFL General and I'm going to say it here as well. It's almost unbelievable how at the start of the 2018 season the Browns were being used as free marketing for Bud Light off their losing streak and now all of a sudden you're talking potential contenders going into the 2019 season. The NFL is truly amazing in that regard.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I said it in the NFL General and I'm going to say it here as well. It's almost unbelievable how at the start of the 2018 season the Browns were being used as free marketing for Bud Light off their losing streak and now all of a sudden you're talking potential contenders going into the 2019 season. The NFL is truly amazing in that regard.

Ain't no sport in the world like it. 

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

I don’t know what this trade signifies tbh. It dont see it as a rebuild unless Eli is gone and we draft a QB.

I think they are holding onto Eli for the time being because they dont want everyone to know with 100% certainty that they are taking a QB in the draft. Cutting Eli now does nothing for you, its the same cap consequences if its right now or after the draft. 

This is especially true if they take someone like daniel jones at #17. They dont want everyone to know what they are going to do after they pass on whoever at the top of the draft. 

I wonder what pat schumer thinks about this? He finally gets another chance to be HC and one of his two elite players gets traded one year in. On the other hand, he doesnt have to deal with any 'odell drama' from now on. 

Still though, what a stupid extension the giants just game him. The fact he had any amount of signing bonus was foolish. 

Edited by N4L

18 minutes ago, N4L said:

I think they are holding onto Eli for the time being because they dont want everyone to know with 100% certainty that they are taking a QB in the draft. Cutting Eli now does nothing for you, its the same cap consequences if its right now or after the draft. 

This is especially true if they take someone like daniel jones at #17. They dont want everyone to know what they are going to do after they pass on whoever at the top of the draft. 

I wonder what pat schumer thinks about this? He finally gets another chance to be HC and one of his two elite players gets traded one year in. On the other hand, he doesnt have to deal with any 'odell drama' from now on. 

Still though, what a stupid extension the giants just game him. The fact he had any amount of signing bonus was foolish. 

And my response is that if you can’t deal with Odells drama then you shouldn’t be a HC. I don’t think Coughlin would’ve allowed this to happen. 

Your point about Eli is a logical one tbf. But I don’t see it as the case. 

5 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

And my response is that if you can’t deal with Odells drama then you shouldn’t be a HC. I don’t think Coughlin would’ve allowed this to happen

Yeah, I wasnt saying he would be happy, quite the opposite actually. Sucks for him because he lost his best player and one of the only two elite talents he had left, and now the entire fan base is livid and wont let this one go for the next 15 years, at least. 

Just threw that last part in about 'odell drama' (which is really not that bad tbh, he seems to be growing as a professional) just to try and give some silver lining. 

2 hours ago, TomRalph said:

QB is still the most important position. That fact hasn't changed.

Brady & Mahomes >>>>>> Carr & Mayfield

Brady is going to be 42 and Mayfield got better and better each passing week, and now has an elite WR corps and elite RB stable.

Not saying he will be better than Brady, but the point is, things change.

That being said....people need to slow their roll.    As good of offseasons as the Raiders and especially the Browns have had ON PAPER, it doesnt guarantee anything.    I expect the Browns to challenge for the AFCN title, but not dominate it.....and I honestly wouldnt be shocked if the Raiders missed the playoffs altogether in 2019.

6 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

Who wants to live in Cleveland over New York especially given OBJ’s demeanor thus far in his career. Nothing against the Browns. They’ve got a better chance then they have in a long time. 

I visited Cleveland for the first time in October and was fairly apprehensive.

I much preferred it to New York.

• Like 1