Thelonebillsfan

2 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Giants must of read my post, 4 runs, in 1 game? Check the juice 

Don't worry, we won't score any runs tomorrow unless bum hits a homerun 

Giants wins:2 

Giants homeruns:2 

Maybe there is hope? Lol 

22 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Both things are true. Loria is a leech who should be beaten with hammers and Fernandez's death was a factor in the decision-making that lead the Marlins to another tear-it-down-then-salt-the-fields rebuild.

Yeah, your second point is what I was referencing. You can even listen to an interview with Christian Yelich on Pardon My Take from this off-season; it's a great listen and he basically says this.

32 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Yeah, your second point is what I was referencing. You can even listen to an interview with Christian Yelich on Pardon My Take from this off-season; it's a great listen and he basically says this.

Except he wasn't ownership. And it's been obvious from Day 1 that Loria had no interest in building a long term, sustainable team in Miami. Fernandez would have been dealt, just like Realmuto, Stanton, Ozuna, and Yelich. It wasn't like ownership was going to spend more money adding to that team.

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

Except he wasn't ownership. And it's been obvious from Day 1 that Loria had no interest in building a long term, sustainable team in Miami. Fernandez would have been dealt, just like Realmuto, Stanton, Ozuna, and Yelich. It wasn't like ownership was going to spend more money adding to that team.

They were going to rebuild eventually, but Fernandez's death accelerated that timetable. And that was devastating for the Marlins considering that not only would Fernandez have gotten a haul, but they traded Yelich with 5 years of control immediately before he turned into one of the best players in baseball.

No one here is defending Loria.

10 hours ago, mission27 said:

Cliff Lee never won a World Series thanks to Nelson Cruz butcher glove

Actualyl contrary to popular belief, the Phillies won without either Halladay or Lee then never won with them.

Meh, regardless, watching him and CC face off in the WS just illustrates my point, winning or not.

Watching Manny win in Boston twice was enough for me as well.

5 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

It's a weird thought, and really morbid.

The other death that is possibly worth looking at is Oscar Taveras. A Cardinals fan could do this more justice than I could, but as a result St. Louis brought in Heyward for Shelby Miller, and then Atlanta flipped Miller for Inciarte. You could also examine Heyward's career. The Braves probably don't extend him, but you wonder if he'd have ended up in Chicago had the Cardinals not traded for him.

37 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

Can any Giants fans tell me anything about the 3 players given up for Pillar? Cheers 

I liked Derek Law. He is a bit jerky in his delivery but he has had some nice stretches where he looks like he belongs in the show. hes a solid bullpen arm. He has some good sink on his pitches. He hides the ball decently well too. Not huge upside but his dad was a MLB pitcher and so he knows how to pitch

Hes always pretty upbeat guy too, always seemed energetic.

Not sure about the other guys, our farm system is bad right now 

• Like 2